Author Topic: If you're "bored" waiting for the server to come up....  (Read 2639 times)

Edig

Re: If you're "bored" waiting for the server to come up....
« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2008, 03:28:07 pm »
Just switch. :)

Why? What is so great about Mac's? Doesn't everybody just love Vista?  ;D

Honestly?  Vista is okay.  I had to turn down all the "candy" on it for my laptop though (a brand new one by the way with a dual processor and updated graphics card) and had to buy 2 more gigs of ram for it to run smoothly.  Most people who don't like Vista really just don't like Microsoft at all.  I have both in our house.  I have to use Microsoft because of some compatibility issues with some programs we use for "work".  I also do have a personal issue with Vista wanting to update it'self all the time, but I get over it quickly (like I do most things).  My wife prefers Windows, but only because she's never known anything else.

I prefer using Linux at home only because I don't like spending oodles of money on Microsoft products.  Linux itself is just a download as are the majority of programs it runs.  Anything else I can load in wine unless it's graphics intensive.

Mac is a good platform for graphics and other things, but most people who use it today, do so because they were either raised on it, given one by a friend, or just really like it.

It's all just personal preference and not much else.

Waterman

• Hydlaa Resident
  • ...is dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2008, 10:31:22 pm »
I've been tempted by a laptop so many times. Then you know what? I'd be glued to this all day long, carrying it everywhere... NO! It's really a bad idea! I just wouldn't unplug anymore  ;)

A MacOS computer is tempting too, there are just a few issues I'm not too sure about, like how obscure and secretive Apple is sometimes. And, I wonder, is Objective-C still the language to use in GUI design? I find it so barbaric :-\

Chilling on the porch on a nice day sure as hell beats being holed up in a house.  And costs less because expensive laptops aren't really "laptops".  That's all I'm sayin'. ;)

Those Mac computers with the computer built into the monitors are pretty damn cool, the girl I'm dating has one.  Had never seen one before. 

Yes, I am computer-stupid.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2008, 10:34:10 pm by Waterman »
"Not coming back until I have a better attitude."

CadRipper

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • merry troublemaker
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2008, 12:04:25 pm »
Those Mac computers with the computer built into the monitors are pretty damn cool, the girl I'm dating has one.  Had never seen one before. 

Yes, I am computer-stupid.

Well, you're one length ahead of me... I've only dated Windows girlfriends so far  :devil:

Rayken

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • postcount--;
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 11, 2008, 12:18:43 pm »
I want to date a Linux girl!
"Here's to lowering caskets of old friends choice and consequence we'll birth a new day with the death of an old and start over, start over.  Here's to burying hatchets in those who you'd never call your friend...we'll birth a new day with the death of an old day and start over, start over!"

Caarrie

• Forum Addict
  • We want no UNFIXED bugs!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    • View Profile
    • PlaneShift3dMods
« Reply #20 on: September 11, 2008, 12:43:13 pm »
* Caarrie has linux and mac
* Caarrie has no boyfriend :(

Mordraugion

• Hydlaa Notable
  • Ex Dev and GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 11, 2008, 12:59:49 pm »
BSD girls are more fun
No longer a member of the PlanShift Development Team
Hokinon or Hoki on IRC

PS is not a democracy, nor will it ever be -- Karyuu 2006
http://www.hydlaaplaza.com/smf/index.php?topic=21049.msg230947#msg230947

Waterman

• Hydlaa Resident
  • ...is dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 11, 2008, 09:54:45 pm »
I want to date a Linux girl!

I don't think you do.
"Not coming back until I have a better attitude."

Rayken

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • postcount--;
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 11, 2008, 10:38:43 pm »
I don't think you do.

Well......you know what i mean.   The idealized fantasy version that exists only in my head.
"Here's to lowering caskets of old friends choice and consequence we'll birth a new day with the death of an old and start over, start over.  Here's to burying hatchets in those who you'd never call your friend...we'll birth a new day with the death of an old day and start over, start over!"

CadRipper

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • merry troublemaker
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 16, 2008, 01:10:22 pm »
Congrats I guess  ;)

Isn't that too noisy by the way?

neko kyouran

« Reply #26 on: September 17, 2008, 10:50:48 am »
The fans are whisper quiet.

They don't have to run as fast to put out the same amount of air flow as smaller fans, hence they make less noise.

Rayken

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • postcount--;
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 17, 2008, 11:08:30 am »
Congrats on the new system!  looks awesome.  Makes my Core 2 Duo box look like an Apple IIe...

Beniel

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 17, 2008, 06:41:04 pm »
Hehe, those fans make it look quite intimidating. I never thought a computer would ever look intimidating, but there you go...