Author Topic: Loading Region fails  (Read 525 times)

Trill t

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
Loading Region fails
« on: November 19, 2008, 06:01:53 pm »
Greetings!

I have been playing the game successfully for about 20 hours until this afternoon, when I got a "region failed to load" message too.

I followed the advice as stated, >> There's a bug when loading map npcroom2 : http://www.hydlaa.com/flyspray_upgrade/index.php?do=details&task_id=2157
Until it's fixed, if you want to be able to use 'load all maps', remove anything about npcroom2 from the 'zoneinfo.xml' file located in the 'data' folder of your planeshift installation. Unless you're a GM, you don't need that map.<<   
...as best as I could...which means I searched for "npcroom2" in the files and trashed the whole file of npcroom2.

The game still quits completely after saying, "region failed to load".

I am on a mac powerbook.  This is really frustrating.  I guess I should be glad that I only have around 20 hours invested.  Is there anything I can do?  Can anyone help?  I don't want to have to start over, but will if I have to.  It's just that it wouldn't be worth it if the same thing only happens again.

Thanks ahead of time for any advice!

Trillae

Trill t

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
Loading Region fails
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2008, 08:55:28 pm »
Hi!

Thanks very much for that information.  I think it means that I will not be able to leave town for a while, eh?  I *am* on a powerpc mac running OSX 10.4.11.

Now, do I assume that I'll be able to find out fairly quickly when this problem is resolved?   :-)

For the time being, I've uninstalled/reinstalled the game and will start over with my same character, if that is possible.  I mean same name and species.  I just won't try to go anywhere until I hear otherwise. 

Also, I assume there's no point in mentioning this in the bug section, it being mentioned already.

I love this game!

Trillae

Trill t

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
Loading Region fails
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2008, 11:12:49 am »
The uninstall/reinstall didn't do anything.  I still have my same non-functioning character.  Now I have a slightly modified new character.  Hey, I might as well develop a whole family of characters since I might not be able to leave the area. 

Thanks again.