Author Topic: [GUILD] The Cold Hearted  (Read 2992 times)

Prolix

Re: [GUILD] The Cold Hearted
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2008, 12:48:39 am »
I disagree and it was a plausible suggestion. His memories were already stated to be hazy and it is quite possible for such chemically induced fantasies to seem real and attractive enough to want to recreate. The events would have been experienced as actual occurrences and the brains pathways would be accustomed to thinking in that manner. If the goals were worthy enough the impetus for them is less important. Many real life nations are said to have been started from a dream sent by a god, Romulus and Remus and the Seven Hills of Rome, the Aztec migration to what is now Mexico. It would be unlikely to be acceptable for the dream to come from one of the in game gods or some made up god but some natural cause would be hard to fault settings-wise.

In the end, it is just a suggestion and might trigger a different way of thinking about his problem. It might be completely unhelpful. Maybe they are all escapees from the hive mind....

Sangwa

• Forum Addict
  • Chars: Morwen and Gartheiz
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2008, 04:17:24 am »
Stop fooling around. It's obvious Scarn doesn't want his character to have a background like that. He wants to make his own background, so let him get around to that himself. I'm sure he'll come up with something better than hallucinogen.

Velh: I agree that we shouldn't ever mention the existence of kingdoms in the past because it simply makes no sense that any kingdoms have existed in Yliakum yet. In the Labyrinths there is at least one city that is not governed by the Government though, but these (the Labyrinths) are not well populated because they are very dangerous. So assuming that a kingdom existed is not good RP procedure (in my opinion) because it implies that your guild had the power to be a kingdom once (which currently no players have) and then stopped being such. Tribes and clans are very different as well as villages and stuff. Regular inhabitants of Yliakum belong to these before adventuring and that is supported by the character creation system, so it should be supported by the guild system as well.

Well, that's it.
Disclaimer: This is my opinion and I can be reasoned with. I'm probably right, though.

Join the Dark Empire!

Scarn

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2008, 07:40:58 am »
Before a forum war breaks loose I just want to state that we have all options available in the guild as we are building most of the story ingame. I posted this [guild] thingie only because I wanted opinions. Neutral opinions. Like: 'That's not how PS settings go' or 'The octarch forbids any of this to legally excist' etc. I am a nobody and I don't want ppl arguing about opinions. (tho I, as a simple human feel happy for support and discouraged by opposition). Why can't everyone just read my mind? :P I don't think Prolix idea is a bad one because that really was one of the several ways I thought of to get this story continued and it suits the story and goals as do many other options tho I must admit it's not maybe the one I would choose as my first choice. At first I wasn't sure if I wanted to post the guild thread but after awhile I thought 'Free labor!' (joke) and I decided to post it to get people discussing about the possibilities of making this happen or some sort of compromise.

Ps. Right now I'm VERY drunk and I love you all ;D
S: I want to be Columbo! K: That is NOT a class...

Sangwa

• Forum Addict
  • Chars: Morwen and Gartheiz
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 21, 2008, 09:47:25 am »
Your last sentence makes it obvious why you considered Prolix's opinion.

We're used to discussing opinions around here. Plus; I'm the moderator! So if things get out of hand, I'll certainly clear the troubles and make the hurt go away. Don't worry about us, worry about your guild *grins*

So, has our "slave driven work" provided you with enough answers already?

I'll sum up what I gathered here:
  • Assuming your guild derives from an old kingdom is a no-no;
  • You don't have a well thought structure yet;
  • Your guild isn't tops considering originality;
  • Your guild thread lacks in style;
  • You need some information on how your guild goes about fulfilling its objectives;
  • You're a reasonable person so you'll do a good job improving your guild's concept, while not simply obeying to the whim of any moderator or player. (hypnosis)
« Last Edit: April 23, 2008, 04:13:12 am by Sangwa »
Disclaimer: This is my opinion and I can be reasoned with. I'm probably right, though.

Join the Dark Empire!

Entevir

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 23, 2008, 07:02:25 am »
Sangwa that list should be put up somewhere.It could serve to be a good guide for people on what to think about.Just not in that format naturally.
Now i didn't read the story as the big line hurts my eyes badly i will state my opinion from what i have understood from your discussion.
Firstly thinking that a kingdom would be bound by ochtarcal law is foolish because it would just be a province of an already existent structure that way.Kingdoms were(mostly) independent.

1)Like Sangwa said.Basing a guild on a kingdom that existed is a no-no.But basing it on a community that existed is ok.Most communities are small enough to pass peoples ears unheard.Especially when there is no good source of true information.

2)The structure will come with the story since those two are tightly inter bound.

3)Sangwa....How original is Dark Empire.Not saying anything but i think we can let the name slide and he still hasn't come up with a new story for the guild.

4)The thread needs a clean up.I can say nothing against that.Still not worth developing what you are going to be knocking down once you are done.

5)Oh and i would like some information about how guilds go about fulfilling their objectives as well.Since PS supports quite few possibilities at this stage most guilds have a hard time.Still some sort of RP method of going towards your objective must be thought of and implemented into the guild.

So from my perspective first Scarn needs to redevelop his guild story.I wouldn't mind helping in that endeavour but since i couldn't read the original i doubt i would be much help.
If I stand on the axis of the world will you mind if I say that the world revolves around me ?

deri2

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 01, 2008, 03:23:26 am »
Hello there :o

it's Derilith :P, i quited a long ago, but i came to check the forums to see how was the game going and say a hi :P i hope u still remember me scarn :P

Scarn

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 08, 2009, 09:04:57 pm »
Hi Derilith, sure I remember you. Long time no see. Pop into PS sometime to say hi!
S: I want to be Columbo! K: That is NOT a class...