Author Topic: Which jobs work in some way ?  (Read 2405 times)

Urindil

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
Which jobs work in some way ?
« on: January 24, 2009, 10:10:26 am »
Hi,
I'm sure all about this topic stands somewhere but I didn't find it.
Would anybody be so kind to sum it up?

Thanks

Tuxide

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
    • Banker
Re: Which jobs work in some way ?
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2009, 10:15:59 am »
There is http://hydlaaplaza.com/smf/index.php?topic=25012.0 but it looks like it's a bit outdated because baking and cooking can be trained now.

Bamko

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2009, 07:13:46 am »
I spent 30 seconds looking in PSwiki, and did not see this topic... But then again it can be hard to find specific things there among the many gems of info, without scrolling and browsing...

I went to the link Tuxide dropped, and first entry in thread directed me to another thread, which seems to be on the old forum maybe?  Either way, it would not open there.  While the thread Tuxide dropped was a good start, it did not appear to be updated recently.

I would be nice to have a semi-official list somewhere to answer this.  It MAY exist already on the official Pages, or on the PSwiki,  if so, please drop it here, or we could update the list in the thread Tuxide dropped, but should remove the link directing people to not look at that thread but to go to a dead one (I could not open it, but may be firewall here at work, please advise).

Otherwise, you could put it elsewhere.  The Yliakum Visitor's Bureau would welcome such a list, as such a list is very definitely OOC, and yet of great interest to tourists (people new to Yliakum).  Just start a thread "How to find out which skills are implemented" under "how to" and add what you know, and we can flesh it out together.

if it exists and is being maintained elsewhere, drop the link and we can just drop the link there, easy peasy.

Arerano

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2009, 07:37:31 am »
I went to the link Tuxide dropped, and first entry in thread directed me to another thread, which seems to be on the old forum maybe?  Either way, it would not open there.  While the thread Tuxide dropped was a good start, it did not appear to be updated recently.

Yes, the old forum doesn't automatically forward to the new forum.
However, if you have an old link (like the one in the forementioned topic), just replace the "hydlaa.com" in the link (in your address bar) with "hydlaaplaza.com" and you will see that topic on the new forum.

Bamko

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2009, 11:32:42 am »
SO: http://www.hydlaaplaza.com/smf/index.php?topic=31734.15

There, but that is not very pretty, is it.   and If it is in the PSwiki, why not drop a link to the spot here? 

And people wonder why I started the Bureau....  :-X

Arerano

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2009, 12:13:13 pm »
Had to look for the place in the wiki myself: http://pswiki.xordan.com/index.php/Players_Guide/Skills
It's not very up-to-date though (still having "cooking" and "bakind" marked as "Not Implemented")

Maybe people don't work on it because they don't even find it in the first place. ..and some may think "No,... not yet another account".

Caarrie

• Forum Addict
  • We want no UNFIXED bugs!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    • View Profile
    • PlaneShift3dMods
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2009, 12:52:22 pm »
Had to look for the place in the wiki myself: http://pswiki.xordan.com/index.php/Players_Guide/Skills
It's not very up-to-date though (still having "cooking" and "bakind" marked as "Not Implemented")

Updated now....

Prolix

« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2009, 03:41:26 pm »
is that right? backstab is functional?

Caarrie

• Forum Addict
  • We want no UNFIXED bugs!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    • View Profile
    • PlaneShift3dMods
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2009, 03:45:42 pm »
is that right? backstab is functional?
fixed

Oomi

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2009, 08:28:55 pm »
Thank you Caarrie!

burningelm

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2009, 04:39:33 pm »
I would like to add that even though the pets have not been fully implemented you can still summon them after the proper quests. This way you can train Empathy. No idea what it actually does yet...

weltall

• Associate Developer
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
    • http://weltall.heliohost.org
« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2009, 02:49:46 am »
I would like to add that even though the pets have not been fully implemented you can still summon them after the proper quests. This way you can train Empathy. No idea what it actually does yet...

well they follow now fine. teorically they should also being able to attack (it works on svn servers) but i didn't figure yet why this doesn't work on laanx and ezpcusa (they can't see the target strangely)