Author Topic: Email issues  (Read 929 times)

Eldyn

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
Email issues
« on: March 27, 2009, 01:21:02 pm »
Hi all!!

I was having real trouble signing up for the game and the forum. For some reason I was not getting the email at all. I checked junk mail and every other folder but I was not getting my email. I tried having it resent several times but nothing.

I had to register with gmail to register but I would still like to find out why I wasn't getting mail at my usual account with is not one of these free junk email accounts.

Thanks

Pizik

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Email issues
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2009, 01:33:48 pm »
There is nothing "junk" about Gmail, it is an excellent service. As for the problem with you receiving our emails to your (I expect) ISP account, is overly aggressive server side junk filtering. There is a slight issue over the headers of our Emails because of how they are sent, and your ISP has decided that it is their decision if you receive Emails or not.

[Edit]

Please search before making a duplicate post. This has been dealt with several times before.
Proceeding through life like a cat without whiskers, perpetually stuck behind the refrigerator.

Bereror

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
    • Planeshift API
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2009, 01:37:23 pm »
In this world full of spam service providers do their best to fight against spammers. Some take it to the extremes where they accept emails from a limited number of senders only. Apparently neither fragnetics.com nor hydlaaplaza.com belong to the list of trusted senders for your service provider.
PlaneShift Sources
PlaneShift API
"Words never spoken
Are the strongest resounding"

enderandrew

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
    • Caamasi Disciples
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2009, 01:58:32 pm »
Eldyn's ISP should only be an issue if the email were going through Eldyn's mail servers.  For instance, I get a Cox email address from my ISP, and if the message went to my @cox.net email address, it would go through Cox's email servers, and possibly get blocked by Cox there.

However, Eldyn is using Gmail.  The mail goes from Fragnetics.com or Hydlaaplaza.com to Gmail's mail servers.  So long as Eldyn is using Gmail via web, Eldyn's ISP shouldn't be much of an issue. 

@ Eldyn, if you PM me with your gmail address, I will be happy to send you a test email from a couple accounts.
http://caamasi-disciples.com - A SW:TOR Republic guild focused on casual players who want to play "the Good Guy."

Pizik

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2009, 02:05:54 pm »
@Enderandrew: Please re-read the original post
Proceeding through life like a cat without whiskers, perpetually stuck behind the refrigerator.

Eldyn

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2009, 02:29:52 pm »
My email account is not from an ISP but from the hosting service that hosts my site. I haven't had any problems with receiving emails there before and this is the first time that the issue has come up.  I wiill take a look at the settings to make sure I haven't set some spam setting of filter that would block emails but I doubt that I have.

How is the email sent and what does it do to the header? Just curious!

And there is plenty wrong with gmail, however my reference to it being a "free junk email account" refers to the use of these accounts that are easy to create for the purposes of sending junk email to everyone.

enderandrew

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
    • Caamasi Disciples
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2009, 02:34:48 pm »
My two tria, but I think Gmail is best email provider out there.  There are some client packages that are just as good if not better (Zimbra) but as a service provider, I think Gmail sets the bar.

I did apparently misread the email.  I though Eldyn was not getting the message via Gmail.

You can email your hosting provider to adjust their whitelist/blacklist settings to allow email from hydlaaplaza and fragnetics.  They may just subscribe to a whitelist/blacklist provider from someone else, and that would be good information to know who is telling people to block emails from these particular domains.
http://caamasi-disciples.com - A SW:TOR Republic guild focused on casual players who want to play "the Good Guy."

seven_stones_and_some_str

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2009, 02:10:15 pm »
[issue solved]
« Last Edit: April 11, 2009, 02:26:17 pm by seven_stones_and_some_str »