Author Topic: i have an issue  (Read 1295 times)

sirjoestokes

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
i have an issue
« on: April 14, 2009, 07:46:08 am »
so i have a problem i picked up some items off the ground for 1 of my friends cause he got disconnected
so i havent seen him for a couple days and when i logged on i got one of his friends telling me to give him his stuff
i toled him that i sold it for him and i will give him the trias for it cause he was already selling it
and his friend toled me that he is going to get a gm is ther anything that will happen i mean picked up the stuff legally i didnt have to tell him i picked it up plus there was someone else trying to pick it up i figured i was helping him out cause he helped me out so much i havent talked to the guy that owned the stuff but his friend didnt give me the chance so i posted this please reply i dont want to get booted  or suspended i was just trying to help a friend ty for listening

sir joe stokes

Addeline

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
Re: i have an issue
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2009, 07:58:52 am »
As far as I can see you have done nothing wrong.
If stuff is left on the ground it is "fair game". You have done your best to contact the original owner and square it with him.
I don't think a GM will get involved.

(but I could be wrong)

sirjoestokes

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2009, 08:00:48 am »
tht is what i thought ty

Ekono

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2009, 08:23:31 am »
no problem mate - as far as i know - or remeber - he he - rulz say that you do loose ownership rights when droping stuff !  ;D
so keep your eyes open XD^^ :o-

sirjoestokes

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2009, 08:27:28 am »
ty guys if anyone else has input please reply ty

sir joe stokes \\o// :thumbup:

Vannaka

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2009, 12:12:39 pm »
so i read about ur problem and i dont know what the big deal is because he dropped his stuff on his own and even though you wanted to give it back it doesnt really matter because even if you just felt like stealing it all theres nothing anyone can do to stop you because thats his own fault for dropping it and a dont think any gms would care because they have more important things to do and also its much easier to help you if you use punctuation because even though its really fun to write like this it isnt quite as much fun to read really

vannaka
Censorship FTW.

sirjoestokes

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2009, 12:27:02 pm »
lol,sorry ill use pucuation next time... :thumbup: ;D \\o// :oops:

Rigwyn

« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2009, 01:53:46 pm »

sirjoestokes

Express your.......        self
with
or
 without punctuation.
capital,
Lowercase
or b0th...

Just
makeSUREits
at
least
semEye-readable
 ;)

rIgwynSet son

jaycol

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
    • http://salonatest.sa.funpic.de/CoD_banner1.jpg
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2009, 06:16:58 pm »
     "It would seem to me you took the time, and made an effort to not only secure the items temporary for them. You also intend or intended to make amends for the items lost. If the other party is unwilling to except your efforts or your honesty of the matter. Put it behind you. You made the attempt, that's honorable. As already spoken items placed on the ground. "Are fair game." So your action really depends on the type of character you play, as to how you wish to play out the situation. There is a general rule which I doubt is written down anywhere that goes like this; ( "Do not place anything of value to you, or anything you can't easily replace on the ground or on display")"

"I feel your efforts of the matter were respectable in intention.  When you next see that player and you wish to clear the matter then do so. If it's taken as a fault towards you for your honesty, then let the matter rest. You tried. Forget it and enjoy the game."

Anthelme

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
I have an issue
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2009, 08:13:14 pm »
We will forget what happened, i don't want compensations...All i want is to find my book "Anthelme's love poetry"because this book is very important for my character and for me [in real life]

Rennaj

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • Glad to Help
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2009, 01:14:38 am »
 First off you did no wrong.
 BUT if I am right you can place items on the ground AND they are guarded from others picking them up, there is also a option I believe to switch this off, therefore if you are disconnected the items should remain guarded for a reasonable time.
 [not sure if it is.] This is a fault of the game and should be looked into.
 Also depends why they were placed on ground in first place. Lets say one of the salesman[woman] has all there wares out on the table provided for such things, AND puff disconnected, free for all under rules tough matty you should not have put it on ground.
Again as this is provided by the game, so should be looked into.

Remember if you do not want to loose it, keep it in your inventory.
 That is just my view.
Run your permissions at least once a week. You will be amazed what it can solve.

Anthelme

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2009, 07:37:03 am »
It's impossible to know when there will be a connection problem. When the connection problem is here, it's ever too late to put my items in my inventory.
The only problem is : My Internet Acces Provider, or my modem router.