Author Topic: Medical Science and Illnesses.  (Read 751 times)

Keldrena

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
Medical Science and Illnesses.
« on: July 07, 2009, 04:58:26 am »
I'm curious about medical science in Yliakum. We have the important medical facts book, but I still have a ton more questions.

1. What are the most deadly illnesses and how are they transmitted?
2. Are all illnesses transferable across races or only some of them, if so which ones?
3. What mental illnesses exist and what is the state of treatment? Are they still locking people up and giving them lobotomies or are they treated with potions and herbs?
4. What birth defects happen and what is the attitude about them? Are they considered a curse or blessing as they are in some cultures? Or just something that happens? Are deformed infants exposed to the elements?
5. Is there a Yliakum wide sign language or is it different in different areas?
6. Do disabled children attend school?

Gohra

• Traveller
    • View Profile
Re: Medical Science and Illnesses.
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2009, 01:02:45 pm »
Interest topic, but not much official yet. Here my personal thoughts:
1. Possibly, blood infections from open wounds, because most dead comes from duels, combats or monster hunts, at least from gameplay-view; And of course unknown plagues like the oja plague.
2. Both. If they closed Ojaveda because of the plague there, it should be an illness that can get everyone. But of course, races are different. Especially Kran may have own illness in their special silicon-organism and are safe against most infections from other races.
3.I think, because its still a medieval world, most mental illnesses would be seen as curses or god-willing. I'm not sure, but maybe alchemists and mages could try experiments or the society avoid these people.
4.Complicated.
5.Maybe. There's a yliakum wide main language or not? At least i use "modern yliakum standart ylian" (english). Don't know what's called officially. If there's a sign language, its official, i think becaue yliakum has ONE government, he inner circle (octarchs & vigesimi)
6.Is there a school for all? Maybe if a guild support such social work like school for disabled. The order of Light may would do :)

These are no facts, just what i would imagine.
"If you're not being criticized, you may not be doing much."
- Donald H. Rumsfield

Garile

• Hydlaa Notable
  • Some people forget it's a game.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2009, 02:38:24 pm »
hmm I'm more interested in the following.

Hoow does coming from the deathrealm basicly look like? Ingame we plop somewhere but should we roleplay a plop?
Join the oldest cause.
Characters: Meriner(dead), Garile(dead), Yayelle, Ruicho, Almada

Zalera13

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2009, 04:13:15 pm »
I thought the language that we spoke was lemur/kran
You know you want to lol. You know you do. Give in to the lol. YOU can not fight the power of the lol!

Bguy

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2009, 07:54:13 am »
What is the color of each races blood?
This is something I've been wondering since it should be very common knowledge.

Sarras Volcae

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2009, 08:52:28 pm »
What is the color of each races blood?
This is something I've been wondering since it should be very common knowledge.

Speaking of blood, do krans have blood?

carua

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2009, 12:06:23 pm »
Quote from: Sarras Volcae

Speaking of blood, do krans have blood?
Yes,they do.I had a discussion on this before.While kran are silicon-based they are not actually "rock" per-say just harder than flesh[I always imagine a toffee-like texture]
So yes,they would be (for the most part at least) like any other organism,with some sort of vascular system.Perhaps it would be a much richer liquid than blood(As kran do not need oxygen to be transported) so it would be pure minerals and such