Author Topic: Crafting with Slots  (Read 712 times)

Gesel

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
Crafting with Slots
« on: August 05, 2009, 01:22:22 pm »
As a way of getting items such as gem-encrusted items into the game, I propose this idea,
When crafting at a basic level, crafters are limited to the normal crafting elements, e.g. handles, blades....
This would often become boring at high levels, seeing as q 300 is the highest quality item able to be crafted.
For the higher level crafters, they would be able to make handles that had a somewhat higher amount of the material used to make them, but would be containers, that had just enough capacity to hold the blade, and a gem.  These could also be used with alchemy to make enchantments on the item.  Once you have the blade and gem that you want for the weapon/shield/armor you could just hit combine, and in a little while, you would have whatever encrusted part you wanted to make.  This is just an idea, but in my mind, it would be relatively easy to program into the game, because there is already a container system that allows you to combine the materials inside of it.

Liquify

• Traveller
    • View Profile
Re: Crafting with Slots
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2009, 03:56:15 pm »
I like this idea.
Then those who craft can make more money off of encrusted weapons.  :thumbup:

nightwolf

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2009, 11:26:48 am »
Golden handles could be nice too. Maybe even dual-blade handles.

kiou

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2009, 12:18:50 pm »
 ::|
* kiou beats an ulber to death with my duel handles of doooooo0000mmmm
http://thewhitecorps.webs.com/
my guild website, still being worked on~
* kiou thinks gms should be elected and reviewed~
"Im very smart in some ways, and much stupider in infinitely more ways"

rtrentc

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2009, 10:46:49 am »
This is actually a very good idea.  For one thing it will increase the variety of the crafted weapons that can be made. For a second it will provide a way for the developers to give some of the raw materials in the game a use beyond being sold or given to npc's