Author Topic: Tutorial Voiceover  (Read 1786 times)

Sarras Volcae

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Tutorial Voiceover
« Reply #30 on: December 10, 2010, 08:47:49 pm »
from my experience with french people, it does not make for a very good accent translated to english. sounds nothing like what's portrayed in movies either. it would just sound odd in a video game.

more artistocratic languages like british

Vilthis Trayus

• Hydlaa Resident
  • Lord of the House, House of Trayus
    • View Profile
    • The House of Trayus
« Reply #31 on: December 10, 2010, 09:44:05 pm »
we tried to have more artistocratic languages like british be on xacha,

Would love to submit my candidacy for the Xacha voice!

Tessra

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
    • The Adani Order
« Reply #32 on: December 14, 2010, 12:30:44 am »
Thanks Talad!

I just wanted to add one little thing here. With so many voices needing to be done now, and any in the future, it is quite likely that more than one person will be responsible for doing voices of different same-gender, same-race characters.  In order for the different voice actors to keep them sounding even remotely similar, the actors need some type of OOC unity.  Using known, easily recognizable accents is a great way for them to be able to do this.  Just my thoughts. :)
Also, it's more credible to others if you grow in power slowly over time.  First kill rats, then noobs, then klyros, and eventually work your way up to more powerful creatures ~ Miomai

Roled

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 14, 2010, 02:22:36 am »
Roled would also like to try his larynx at this task, if he could just figure out how to download audacity so that it runs...

"RR is a PieSexual" ~ Monala

tooltroll

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 28, 2016, 12:21:11 am »
Sorry for resurrecting an old thread, but the wiki pointed me here. I see the tutorial voices were all done, but are other NPCs getting done, over time?

Is this still a thing? If you still want voices, I've actually got a decent 16 track studio with some good mics. I'm Canadian, but I can do many accents.

LigH

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 28, 2016, 01:17:14 am »
We already had voices outside the tutorial. The mage in the forest is notorious for blathering...

Gag Harmond
Knight and Ambassador
The Royal House of Purrty

Izzabella

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Outlaws
« Reply #36 on: July 28, 2016, 02:27:03 am »
How have I  not noticed this beofre now!? I will check this out in the morning!! What fun. This must have been done while I was away.... but still I've not heard theme speak!

Venalan

• Global Moderator
  • Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 28, 2016, 03:39:43 pm »
So, since this first idea for adding voices was started we have actually removed the vast majority of them from the game. I think only 1 or 2 quests currently have any voices. The reason for this is that I've edited, added/removed/adjusted bits, for every quest in the game a number of times, then there are Mordaan's edits on top of mine. As this happens the recorded voices and npc dialogue no longer match, so once that happens we just remove all the voices for that quest.

So the tutorial, this was totally re-written from the version which was voiced, so is no longer voiced.

LigH

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 29, 2016, 02:44:31 pm »
Nevertheless, it was fun trying to participate. Even though I guess my submissions were rejected.

But requesting them in high-res PCM format (even higher than recordable) was nonsensical, and will always be. Uploading took ages.

Gag Harmond
Knight and Ambassador
The Royal House of Purrty