Author Topic: Juicy Secrets and Coveted Goods  (Read 418 times)

Rigwyn

Juicy Secrets and Coveted Goods
« on: July 01, 2010, 04:40:37 pm »
I was thinking...  you know what this game could use ?

Secrets, Juicy secrets and highly coveted goods

OK, ole Rig's flipped his lid .. that or he's hittin the bottle...

No, seriously..  I was thinking what if guilds posessed something of value, like a stash of secrets  ::| , a mascot, statue, etc... What might that do to the landscape of the game?

Would it provoke the same degree of curiosity that draws good guys into the black flame temple to sneak a peak? There was a brief rp a while ago where some passerby managed to get their hands on Lolitra's crown. Even though this is just an rp'd item, my character would have offered quite a bit ( in tria or services ) for that crown/tiara with the intention of using it to exploit someone or some situation.

Likewise, if the stonehead  had some information of perceived value and was willing to play along .. I'm sure some shady characters would have made an attempt to spy on them .. or perhaps infiltrate them in order to learn of it. Such cat and mouse type of play could be a lot of fun provided that people allow each other to have wins and losses.

Too bad nobody has such goodies ... or juicy information . Such items cost absolutely nothing. There is zero property lost ( except perhaps for an ooc book  representing the item ) in the event that such items are taken or discovered. This sort of thing could add some interest to the game if players were to cooperate and not be too competitive about it.

Outlaws sometimes would cleave off a hand or tail during a fight ... and the victim might strive to get it back.. or get revenge. Such rp does not need to involve limbs or sections of flesh in order to be fun.

Just something to think about.

Geoni

• Veteran
  • -
    • View Profile
Re: Juicy Secrets and Coveted Goods
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2010, 04:46:30 pm »
I suppose every character is after something different. Some are just after things people already hold. Good for sparking tension over the emotion of desire.  :D

-sig by sarras

Roled

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2010, 05:07:03 pm »
Funny thing about this Rigwyn~ this is very similar to one of the interwoven plot lines that are happening right now....
And it's a VERY VERY valuable rp prize indeed....

So let me say...
Good Idea!  ;D
RR
the little elf with the big secret
"RR is a PieSexual" ~ Monala

Akkaido Kivikar

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2010, 11:53:28 pm »
Yeah, I think it would be cool. Only problem is the crap non-RP guilds could use it to make silly items like SWORD OF THE DRAGON or some crap.

But yeah, it would be cool if such items could be crafted, like Lolitra's crown, Jacula's toothed blade, Akaiddo's Kore Irka seal ring, etc. etc.