Author Topic: [Guide] Changing practicly anything on a in-game map if you got the knowledge  (Read 620 times)

Athonicus

• Traveller
  • ~An Librarian With a Taste For Cooking~
    • View Profile
I just wanted to give you guys who hsnt figured it out a guide.
I will update this thread the more ways i can figure out.

-[Changing the sieze of an map]-

1. save the map by simply pressing the button that says "save" when opened / editing the map.

2. go to your "sketches" folder , usally located in C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\PlaneShift  [Thats my location , im using windows 7]

3. Open the name-of-map.xml with an program like notepad [or a xml editing program if you have 1, i recomend Peter's Xml Editor , it's a freeware , just google to find it]

4. then simply change the " w="0" h="0"  , it's simply Height and Width, this will save into the game , and it will show the same siese for other players too , enjoy ^^

[Other Links]

Here is a website that i strongly reccomend if you want to go deeper into the art of XML editing

http://www.w3schools.com/

Register,  read forums, etc.

Enjoy!

« Last Edit: July 16, 2010, 10:30:40 am by Athonicus »
Thee pen is mightier then the sword ' tho the freedom of unity is the ace of diamonds ' ne?

Bonifarzia

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile

If I remember right, configuring the map size is already possible from the ingame map editing interface, but using a text editor on the xml file is indeed useful, especially if you would like to use some of the many symbols that are available for maps but not accessible via said user interface.

Athonicus

• Traveller
    • View Profile
Aye , forgot to say it's already possible..or atleat it was , hsnt checked that on a while *laughts*

But i find it way more easy to do it this way , and yes , you can add other things ASLONG as the icons,picture,etc already exist on the vievers computer.
So for example , you can use any icons or pictures you get within the planeshift game folder
Thee pen is mightier then the sword ' tho the freedom of unity is the ace of diamonds ' ne?

Geoni

• Veteran
  • -
    • View Profile
Haha a librarian with a taste for cooking, cute. ^_^

Anyways, I tried to make a map in game once, I crossed my eyes and they were stuck that way for awhile...it is just too complicated!

-sig by sarras

RlyDontKnow

• Associate Developer
  • Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile

If I remember right, configuring the map size is already possible from the ingame map editing interface, but using a text editor on the xml file is indeed useful, especially if you would like to use some of the many symbols that are available for maps but not accessible via said user interface.

it should be possible to use the different symbols via the map interface ingame, too. at least I was able to use different kinds of symbols last time I checked.

Athonicus

• Traveller
    • View Profile
Well , of course you could see them but could others? , if others could see without haing the image on their computer..somethings wierd

Bonifarzia

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile

The problem I referred to is partially fixed. Page up still gives only 16 map elements as it used to, Page down now accesses 44 of those symbols and the current client has a total of 68. I doubt that's worth a task in the bug tracker.