Author Topic: Can Kran drink beer?  (Read 459 times)

lunchbox

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
Can Kran drink beer?
« on: July 20, 2010, 09:23:09 am »
Topic.

This is a big part of my character and could be a deal breaker. Please say that I can be a drunken rock-dude (from a genetic level ie. processing alcohol like other humanoids; not a moral one.)

Thanks much,
Lunchbox

Geoni

• Veteran
  • -
    • View Profile
Re: Can Kran drink beer?
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2010, 09:32:15 am »
You can be a drunk, but you won't be a dude. Kran are not male, they are non-sexual. If you want to play a drunk, it gets old and trite, (as in, it has been done before) that said, if you want to play a drinker kran, add some unusual characteristics.

-sig by sarras

lunchbox

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2010, 10:53:53 am »
I have no intention of becoming a mere drunk. I am a connoisseur. Due to my silicon palate I can decipher the texture, flavor, and overall presence of a stiff drink more than any carbon based life-form. Calling me a drunk will be met with extreme hostility.

P.S.
Waiting for ingame homebrew.

Illysia

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2010, 12:25:36 pm »
Kran are capable pf drinking liquor but if Malco is anything to go by, liquor is distasteful and possibly even small amounts burn. At the Red Crystal Den, they serve their own Den specific liquors. If you are on when they are open. You can stop by.

LigH

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2010, 01:41:12 pm »
Who knows if specific mineral waters can have a similar befuddling effect to Kran as alcohol to other races? We possibly assume that.

I'll try to ask chemists if silicon hydroxides are probable too.
__

P.S.: According to experts from the IRC, silicon based hydroxides (alcohols) should exist and may even be liquid, but possibly not too probable in our world.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2010, 02:48:23 pm by LigH »

Gag Harmond
Knight and Ambassador
The Royal House of Purrty

khoridor

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2010, 03:15:27 pm »
You could try rusty brews...