Author Topic: Have read help topics, still unable to get into game  (Read 523 times)

bluja000

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
Have read help topics, still unable to get into game
« on: December 12, 2010, 04:55:20 am »
I looked over the stickies, but they don't appear to be relevant to my issue, due to not seeing the applications or other info that they refer to. I've got a loaner computer, mac with snow leopard os, fully updated today. I downloaded the game through the mac torrent, no problems. Mounted it, installed the folder available into my applications folder, and went in. Didn't see any file names like referred to in the mac install topic, but did find two icons that looked relevant, psclient and pslaunch. Was successful in launching the pslaunch, allowing me to update the system. Completed, was unable to get into the game using the launch or play button. Used the psclient instead, was able to create a character, but unable to proceed into the game. I couldn't check the server status, at least not through the link provided in the forums. I chose the non-roleplay server to start in, not interested in the roleplay server, just not that type of player. I did have a problem at first with getting the game to patch, but that was because I was launching the pslaunch while still mounted. After I moved the entire folder, which included what appears to have been an empty folder, into applications, I'm showing a folder with the game inside. There's no icon, just a folder. I'm assuming that's to be expected, but figured I'd include that info in case I installed improperly. I'm still fairly new to the mac, since I used to have windows 7 installed, and used the mac as mainly a windows computer (most of my games don't support mac, darn it!). I'm really interested in the game, and would love to explore it further. The creation process was really fun, so I'm wondering what I'll find when I'm able to successfully get in. Please help, I'm really liking what I've seen so far.

Sen

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
Re: Have read help topics, still unable to get into game
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2010, 05:10:05 am »
The server should be running fine. The times where it was crashappy seems to be gone  ;) Did you choose a skin in the pslaunch application? That's the only thing that comes into my mind without seeing a log. As second thing, did you update normally or with a repair? Maybe it's just some corrupted file; then would the repair option in pslaunch help.
.....also a saddle that won't pinch the tail. One day!

Sulaika

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2010, 05:38:31 am »
The graphics settings could be also a problem. So try make various settings until you can enter the game. Like for example unlabel all things like sound, grass, VBO, just all you can label there. Do the other things on low or medium, except texture quality thats my suggestion. Well I don't know if it will help, but I have a mac as well, but I am running an older version with tiger. So if you need more help you can also write me a personal message and I can try to help you more, if nothing changes. With regards Sulaika.

bluja000

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2010, 06:50:43 am »
Ok, before I got the updater to work, I was able to create my first character. When I did get the updater to work (I placed the folder into the applications), I did change some settings. Is there a way to go back to default? Oh, and the update was done successfully through the regular method, not using repair. After creating my character, the game won't launch any further, and appears to freeze. It doesn't give me the option to force stop, but I eventually do have to in order to do anything further. I'll try unchecking all options available. What resolution would you recommend?

bluja000

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2010, 06:54:49 am »
Ok, I made some basic changes to the settings, no skins except elves was available. I was able to make some changes, but when I pressed play, the screen blinked, and then showed the pslaunch screen again. Further attempts to press play show no change. It just doesn't appear to do anything. Going to try the psclient instead, see if that does anything, with the changes I just made. If that doesn't do anything, then I'll try getting a crash log and post that here.

bluja000

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2010, 06:58:24 am »
Ok, nm, appear to be in the tutorial section now. However, the game window is very small, only using about 1/3 of my available screen space. I'm going to explore and see what I can do within the game, now that I've gotten at least to the server at this point. Thanks for the suggestions, the setting changes appears to have corrected the issue, or perhaps I just needed to wait for the server to function, and try from the psclient instead of launcher. Oh well, trial and error, that's the way to go. :)

Sen

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2010, 08:06:11 am »
Hehe, trial and error is a good way to go here. You should be able to adjust the resolution in the pslaunch application aswell. Im just not sure if full screen is a good idea.
.....also a saddle that won't pinch the tail. One day!