Author Topic: lots of questions  (Read 280 times)

BlueScreenJunky

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
lots of questions
« on: May 26, 2003, 12:17:23 pm »
hi there, I tried to search the forums and find answer to some of my questions, but some of them remain unanswered, can someone help with those ?

1) How far does the /say function work ? do you need to be in front of someone ? a few meters ? does it work across the plaza ?

2)is there a way to test lag (I mean ping, not FPS)?

3)about how many people connected at the same time should the game eventually support ?

4) Will graphics and speed be improved, or is the dev team mainly focused on gameplay ? Also will it instantly benefit from future releases of crystal space, or does it need much work to make it work with a new version of crystal space ? and will those new versions increase performance or only add new effects ?

5)How big is Yliakum supposed to be ? when you get into the caves in the current alpha, are these supposed to be level 1 caves, or do you reach lower levels ? Also is it possible that there are other towns (when you are at the top of the tower you can see pretty far, and there\'s a road going somewhere) or is it a small world with only 1 town ?
sig removed, it was kinda big ^^

acraig

• Administrator
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2003, 12:29:49 pm »
Originally posted by BlueScreenJunky

1) How far does the /say function work ? do you need to be in front of someone ? a few meters ? does it work across the plaza ?

/say works up to 10 meters.  So it is a fairly close proximity.  It will not work across the plaza.

2)is there a way to test lag (I mean ping, not FPS)?

Not ingame yet.  Maybe might be a good idea to add that in.

3)about how many people connected at the same time should the game eventually support ?

Not totaly sure.  The server is not breaking a sweat at all with the numbers now.  Even with the max of about 50 people it was still at about 2% usage from what I remember.  This is something will we have to \'wait and see\' what happens.

4) Will graphics and speed be improved, or is the dev team mainly focused on gameplay ? Also will it instantly benefit from future releases of crystal space, or does it need much work to make it work with a new version of crystal space ? and will those new versions increase performance or only add new effects ?

The CS team is working on it everyday so we try to support them the best we can.  It can only get better. :)

5)How big is Yliakum supposed to be ? when you get into the caves in the current alpha, are these supposed to be level 1 caves, or do you reach lower levels ? Also is it possible that there are other towns (when you are at the top of the tower you can see pretty far, and there\'s a road going somewhere) or is it a small world with only 1 town ?

The current map you see is only a VERY small part of the entire world.
----------
Andrew
"For all I know, she's lying, everyone's lying; welcome to the Internet"

BlueScreenJunky

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2003, 12:37:07 pm »
thanx, it sounds very promising :)
Can\'t wait for the next releases
sig removed, it was kinda big ^^