Author Topic: Plate Armor making process and parts  (Read 606 times)

Timil Deeps

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
Re: Plate Armor making process and parts
« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2012, 08:10:28 am »
I've always imagined that running while casting would break the mage's concentration. At least, that seems like a plausible reason for it.  :whistling:

Vankseal Serozan

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2012, 01:37:22 pm »
OK, with 3 years of playing ps for experience, this is what I think about crafting and balancing HA. I love the way HA looks in game and would love to see craftable just so I can use it again and have my old look back without suffering performance penalties. Yes, HA was OP but I believe the reason for that was mostly because all armor skills did not max at the same levels. I know they would not be balanced if we made HA craftable but I am afriad of extreme measures being taken to "balance" all the armor types that will only give rise to a new OP armor type that takes HA's place. I have found that after investing the time, tria, and pp to train all armor skills to the same lvl that even LA is rediculous. I can fight maulbers toe to toe and take no damage in agressive stance while duel wheilding weapons if I use the realm 1 spell rock armor. MA is even more powerfull and has anyone looked at shields? Shields make your block rate extremely high, to high if you ask me, personaly I think they should increase your deffense a lot and increase your blocking rate a little instead of insane blocking rate they have now. When buffed I used to be able to deck a player wearing HA at lvl 200 with two hits from my RBA's in bloody stance, give the same guy a high lvl in shield handling and a shield and I can't touch him but since then buffs have been nerfed. I think the deffense system needs to be reworked and I agree that Bonifarzia has a great idea and I really hope to see it happen. HA is just a surface indicator that needs to be looked into in order to see what the real hidden problem is. Having spoken with Bonifarzia about this before I think she has dug deeper and found the problem. Personaly I find LA and MA just as OP as HA was before only when useing MA or LA I don't have to equip a shield when I want to be immune to physical damage, I just pop a really low lvl (realm 1) deffensive buff and laugh at any attackers.

Zantatous

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2013, 09:04:21 am »
Since heavy armor and other armors have now been tweaked, to provide less protection, in favor of balance. I would ask for a new review to my wish for heavy armor crafting from Talid. I think the time may have come since it is hard to advance past level 120 in A.M. with current materials. Please review the first few post on this thread.

Taya

• Associate Developer
  • Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 17, 2013, 09:13:10 am »
Hi Zant, it's great to see you still pushing for this. I'd love to see it craftable as well, especially with the recent armour changes.

Firke

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 17, 2013, 09:45:05 am »
I think Zantatous idea for heavy armour is pretty sound.  Progress in armour making is getting very slow with just chain mail and leather armour making does nothing noticeable for armour making.   Bonifarzia is right about the heavy armour itself is not the problem so much as it's an overall problem with quality of all armour types and how little damage can be done with physical attacks when the armour is 300Q.  Well a small change has been done already, it seems, to the protection armour offers.  The armour types seem balanced and what better why to resolve any remaining issues than making all the armours the same at 300Q.

Eonwind

• Developers
  • Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 17, 2013, 04:13:08 pm »
Since heavy armor and other armors have now been tweaked, to provide less protection, in favor of balance. I would ask for a new review to my wish for heavy armor crafting from Talid. I think the time may have come since it is hard to advance past level 120 in A.M. with current materials. Please review the first few post on this thread.

With the updated combat rules armors and weapons quality bonuses have been rebalanced. I think it's now safe to allow crafting heavy armor, but actually there are a lot of crafting projects going on so any help will be welcome.