Author Topic: Woah, I had completely forgotten about this game O.o  (Read 542 times)

CubeGod

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
Woah, I had completely forgotten about this game O.o
« on: November 23, 2013, 11:26:10 pm »
So, here I am browsing random linux games and what do I stumble upon? Well, isn't it planeshift, I remember you
I used to play you! Oh, it must've been what... five years ago? maybe four? It really doesn't matter, what matters is that I had forgotten this game existed

What I recall was a really buggy and basic game that randomly had lag spikes making the game unplayable, I take it this has changed? What about the graphics, at one point most things were pretty obviously placeholders ~3~

and... well that's all, just felt like commenting (oh and I forgot my username :P Then again database management is bound to have removed it by now, doesn't matter I can't recall what email I would've used to register or what username I would've picked :P (aaammmsterdddam perhaps? I used to go under that name...))

bilbous

Re: Woah, I had completely forgotten about this game O.o
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2013, 12:10:40 am »
username are just email addresses but I think a lot of inactive accounts were purged fairly recently. Someone correct me if that is wrong. You would likely need to get a new account. There has been considerable work done in the last 5 years, and fewer residents means more stability. Pop in and have a look, a new version was just released.

novacadian

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2013, 12:29:37 am »
Yeah good timing for a return. The latest version has a lot of great improvements.

Venalan

• Global Moderator
  • Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2013, 01:09:44 am »
I started about 6-7 years ago. And LOTS has changed since then. Come in and explore.

LigH

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2013, 04:02:24 am »
Deleting unused accounts happened at least once, more than 3 years ago, but after such a long time, so much has changed, it won't be the worst decision to make a new account and start a new character. This has the advantage of passing the Tutorial, getting told about the key features and goals, and getting some starter equipment.

So, welcome back, newcomer. As you like.

Gag Harmond
Knight and Ambassador
The Royal House of Purrty

ohmarinus

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2013, 05:45:40 pm »
Though I'd advice you to take more time to create a good name for your character ;)

aaammmssterddaammmm won't do, begrijp je?

LigH

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2013, 03:19:56 am »
No, a name with several repetitive characters is not allowed. Also, names which sound like celebrities or famous literary characters etc. (summed up: which will probably make a reader biased) are not allowed by our Naming Policy. Try the randomizer, it will create names made of syllables common for the race you selected for your character. A shorter first name may help your new friends to type your name (oh, we also have characters with names so long, you can hardly recall, not to mention type correctly).

Gag Harmond
Knight and Ambassador
The Royal House of Purrty

Gilrond

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2013, 03:26:11 am »
Don't end up being called Ohforf ;)

bilbous

« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2013, 04:29:24 pm »
the randomizer is no guarantee of acceptability as it often comes up with an already used first or last name. Tab completion makes long names less of a problem.

Volki

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2013, 04:43:24 pm »
http://www.rinkworks.com/namegen/

Try that.

The advanced interface allows you to have some control on parts of the name.
Lace dark dreadfull power inside him awakens now fully resultin his former self comin back lord of dark noble house shantae of mevango family lacertus shadowone mevango also knowed as darkblade of shadows

Candy

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2013, 10:17:29 pm »
Or take a word you like and mix the letters around.
Role Play Preferences
[1: gossip] Glaciusor: There's now a guy in skimpy armor having war flashbacks about daemons. Have fun Hydlaa

zarre

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2013, 01:21:22 am »
Another resource for names: Serendipity

♫ How bizarre

thorgrin

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2013, 01:15:13 pm »
Although I haven't played since 2010 or thereabouts... I check in the site every now and then.
I am quite busy to get playing but might setup and reupdate PS and have a play every now and then this Xiosamas.

Thorgrin enters the tavern, after years of adventures; and spots an old friend
Another resource for names: Serendipity

♫ How bizarre
"Zarre... Nomothetes... I remember!"
"If the mine is mine, it should only be mined by my miners. If my mine is mined by miners that aren't mine, my mine is no longer mine."