Author Topic: A Grappling Hook  (Read 300 times)

Rigwyn

• Prospects
  • Forum Addict
    • View Profile
A Grappling Hook
« on: April 01, 2014, 04:33:20 pm »
I wish for a grappling hook.

This item would be fired like a bow, and if it connects to the target, it would drag the user up to wherever it connects. The user would then need to perform a mounting manuver that enables them to stand on the nearest flat surface.

The item should be available via quest and should not require a mount to obtain.

An example of use:

1. Fire at top of cliff, statue, or tower to get on top.

2. Fire at side of wall to scale it. Once pulled up to the hook, you would need to lower yourself or climb from there.

3. Use it to safely lower yourself down the side of the winch or bronze doors cliffs to explore the chasm below or pick plants that grow on verticle surfaces. (spelunking)

4 Fire at npc or player to pull them to you - or you to them if they are more massive than you.

A Skill level could determine your chances of success, the distance at which you can connect, and your ability to move from the hook to a mountable surface.

« Last Edit: April 01, 2014, 05:20:35 pm by Rigwyn »

LigH

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
Re: A Grappling Hook
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2014, 02:09:37 am »
Nananana nananana, Bat-wyn!

I'm currently playing Arkham City sometimes, so I can agree that this would be fun...

Gag Harmond
Knight and Ambassador
The Royal House of Purrty

Eonwind

• Developers
  • Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2014, 04:38:27 am »
yeah that would be fun  ;D (but looks like not so easy to do, but that's another matter)

Rigwyn

• Prospects
  • Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2014, 04:44:36 am »
Awe maaaaaaaan....

Volki

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2014, 08:15:40 am »
I'd prefer rock climbing. With ropes and all that.
Lace dark dreadfull power inside him awakens now fully resultin his former self comin back lord of dark noble house shantae of mevango family lacertus shadowone mevango also knowed as darkblade of shadows

bilbous

« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2014, 09:39:19 am »

Volki

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2014, 02:34:09 pm »
Ummmmmmmm, wut?
Lace dark dreadfull power inside him awakens now fully resultin his former self comin back lord of dark noble house shantae of mevango family lacertus shadowone mevango also knowed as darkblade of shadows

Rigwyn

• Prospects
  • Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2014, 04:49:59 pm »
He has a hook. Clever. :)

bilbous

« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2014, 09:28:34 pm »
Captain Hook was grappling Emma Swan in a still from the show "Once Upon A Time." Try and keep up with (un)popular culture. That show is really a bit silly, but it does have it's (Prince) Charming moments.

Climbing gear would be awesome.
    Thekkur
    PS W.T.B. Member
                            posted 02-10-2001 20:35 GMT           

a use rope proficiency would become really handy... I always like throwing a grappling hook! I expect there to be the normal
                         proficiencies such as climbing, running, fast movement etc ofcourse! :)
from this ancient thread. Of course it is always good to reiterate long forgotten points.