Author Topic: Apologies  (Read 544 times)

Pierre

Apologies
« on: October 06, 2014, 12:18:05 am »
Not sure if this is the place for it, but was thinking it might be nice to publicly apologize to Eredin, who I thought was some kind of alt/plant/vengeful thing, who actually is a dev sticking up for a friend.

Apologies, Eredin, sorry to accuse you falsely.  I was mad.  It's not an excuse, and I'm sure you know that already.

Apologies, and apologies to Tua for my flames making the thread (temporarily, because others have cooler heads) derail.

Over and out.

Donari Tyndale

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
Re: Apologies
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2014, 05:41:02 pm »
I never understand why some people can't keep their shit together. Jeez. Here's some news for you:
#1 This is a game
#2 IC=/=OOC

cdmoreland

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • Main: Waesed Waesech
    • View Profile
    • Ad Libertatem
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2014, 06:49:31 pm »
Pierre, I have known both Taya and Eredin since they started PS. If you find defending friends offensive, so be it.

Rigwyn

• Prospects
  • Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2014, 07:05:55 pm »

Eh... Pierre did apologize and admit to being wrong. Maybe give him a break?

Pierre

« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2014, 07:46:10 pm »
...who I thought was some kind of alt/plant/vengeful thing, who actually is a dev sticking up for a friend.

This means he was not what I thought, but instead is someone sticking up for a friend.  Hence, my apology.

Implication being that it is normal, natural, kind, loyal to stick up for a friend.  If you didn't get that, you might be reading through hater glasses.

As for not keeping caca together, it happens to everyone.  It's part of life.  Nothing to do with IC, OOC, or PCC.

Riggy, considering you called me a famewhore (yes I did read that :) ), I'm surprised you are not jumping on this little bandwagon of critters with pitchforks.  But, appreciated.

Ciao.  I'm going to throw plates if the flames keep up though.

EDIT:  [Attentionwhore, yikes, that's what I meant.  There is no fame to be had by forum thread squabbles.]
« Last Edit: October 06, 2014, 07:50:33 pm by Pierre »

Eredin

• Developers
  • Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2014, 08:22:07 pm »
Thank you, Pierre, for the unexpected apology.

Rigwyn

• Prospects
  • Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2014, 09:09:10 pm »

I'm surprised you are not jumping on this little bandwagon of critters with pitchforks.  But, appreciated.

Meh... there's a difference between a quick poke in the eye with an unsanitary finger and long term resentment. I don't resent or hate you or anything. Well, not yet, at least.    :-X

Pierre

« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2014, 10:06:27 pm »
Cheers, Eredin.

Rigwyn, probably my shade was too subtle, but I'll let you think my (serious) appreciation meant I care how you feel about me  :whistling:

Donari Tyndale

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2014, 11:17:41 am »

Eh... Pierre did apologize and admit to being wrong. Maybe give him a break?
Come on, where is the fun in that?  :P *flameflameflame*

cdmoreland

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • Main: Waesed Waesech
    • View Profile
    • Ad Libertatem
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2014, 03:58:39 pm »
Pierre, I have nothing against you. I don't even know who you are. When you had your tiff with Taya I stayed quiet until you attacked Eredin. Perhaps I was too blunt and you felt that I sucker punched you, and maybe I did, but you attacked my friends that I do know. The PM you sent me tells me that I hurt your feelings but that was not my intention, I just wanted to get your attention. My answers on this board tend to be short and to the point, but I may leave myself open to misinterpretation in doing so. I think what you have done here is good and I hope I have made my point better this time.

Pierre

« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2014, 12:32:35 am »
You are totally clear now.  Thank you.  I do understand you sticking up for your friends (just as Eredin did).  Sorry I got upset with you (you read my PM absolutely correctly).  I shouldn't have gotten personal about Taya's post, so the subsequent irritations/defenses/misunderstandings are my own fault.  Next time I will respond to ideas/thoughts, not the person posting them (yes, ok, easy to say and obvious anyway, but need to remind myself at times).

Cheers all (yes even you Donari :)).  Appreciate the good will.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2014, 01:15:39 am by Pierre »

Taya

• Associate Developer
  • Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2014, 04:19:30 am »
I shouldn't have gotten personal about Taya's post, so the subsequent irritations/defenses/misunderstandings are my own fault.  Next time I will respond to ideas/thoughts, not the person posting them (yes, ok, easy to say and obvious anyway, but need to remind myself at times).

If you can manage this, it's appreciated (very, very much so). But, as you seem to have no wish to make amends with me despite going above and beyond in your efforts with others, it's hard for me to feel much good will. I still feel you very much misinterpreted me at several points and that you have built up an opinion of me that is completely undeserved. I am very glad you apologised to Eredin, but your assumption that I am the sort of person who makes alts to defend myself with still seems to stand, and I find that more than a little offensive. If I am wrong, please correct my thinking in this.

Thank you for acknowledging that you should not have got personal, but it does go a little deeper than this and I would rather have this fixed to avoid issues in the future if it's in any way possible.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2014, 05:58:33 am by Taya »

Pierre

« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2014, 11:43:34 am »
Taya, I apologized in the original thread for being harsh with you.  If I remember correctly (I'm not going back because I'll get mad again, there were some crappy things said about me - deserved or not, they get under my skin), you doubted my sincerity.  This is online, so if I'm sorry for being harsh and I say it, there is not much else to do.  People either accept it as true and move on or they don't.

I am sorry for being harsh and personal with you.

I won't say anything else here because *my* issue is that I don't like how you reply - rightly or wrongly, either way is ok, it's just my gut feelings and *not on you* - and I do have a temper. 

I will let this little thread die a peaceful death.

Cheers, all, seriously...

Taya

• Associate Developer
  • Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2014, 12:00:23 pm »
Thank you Pierre. I didn't see a previous apology, but as you've said it here, it's appreciated and accepted as well.

All the best to you.

Pierre

« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2014, 04:01:00 am »
Thank you, Taya.