Author Topic: YCT gone, Thieves & Justiciars  (Read 151 times)

Dante

• Traveller
    • View Profile
YCT gone, Thieves & Justiciars
« on: August 01, 2015, 02:30:42 pm »
Hi All.
Well, You might have seen those YCT invitations everywhere on the walls and the trees, Specially in Hydlaa.
There was going to be a science group, Yliakum Cosmology Team. A Group of scientists who were gonna research about where they are in the world !
Well, The team was about to start, I made a billboard and table dedicated to this group, And even distributed it's map on all billboards in cities. But when I logged on after some hours, they were just gone !
Well, I tried asking GMs to stabilize them so others won't rob them, But there was no GM online, And when I joined the game after some hours they were all gone, And I & some other guys think maybe someone took them.
Well, I know thieves can be punished by banning in this game. But I want it another way !
This can turn into a great RPing, Two groups form up against each other, as enemies, and they will have their own role playings.

The story goes as this :
After the robbing of YCT HQ, Members of YCT asked the courthouse and the empire to take care of the thieves, But thieves have become so strong and made their guild (Well, Not what we know as Guilds in game !), Their faction actually !
When they ran out of control, A group of fighters gathered together and made their group of justice to get rid of those thieves.
And now ...
We are having a lot of events and RPings between members of these two groups. Players can join any of them, and make their own stories and play their own roles.

Please,
Ideas and Suggestions ???
Do GMs approve to make it official ???

Can-ned Food

• Hydlaa Resident
  • Many ask what The Can contains, but few will know.
    • View Profile
    • an OpenDocument Spreadsheet for planning your character's stats profile
Re: YCT gone, Thieves & Justiciars
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2015, 12:45:42 am »
Thieves as PCs don't get banned, they get exiled, AFAIK.
A decent player, concerned with the RP, would probably either admit OOC that they indeed took them, or tease you about it. ;)

However, it wasn't me, though I saw your little picnic nook.
Try to think of this as if it were any other town.  The people who took that stuff might not be theives, per se, but merely so-called opportunists; perhaps they didn't know that someone really cared about the stuff.
(I'm talking about the characters, not the players.)

Anyways, I was wondering where those posters cameā€“from.  Maybe I didn't pay enough attention to them, but there wasn't much info on the things.

Well; Gedundk was intrigued by the YCT, so if kra meets up with you guys later, say Stonehead or Jayose's, we'll see if they can't find some common interests.
I'm slightly confused by your tale of events, though.  How much of that really occurred in-game?
You do mean the Nolthriran Empire, yes?  By GMs officiating, you mean the Vigesime to acknowledge that a report was registered with the Hydlaa Guard?
Well, our PCs can cover all that ground later.
Gedundk Kokro, kran
Ailela Belair, nolthrir
Hwokmar Cmar, ynnwn

Rigwyn

• Prospects
  • Forum Addict
    • View Profile
Re: YCT gone, Thieves & Justiciars
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2015, 03:17:51 am »
Dante,

One thing that has always worked well for me is to ask fellow characters to help with the foot work. Try asking other characters if they know anything about the missing signs. Offer them beer or money to help you investigate, or better yet, promise them that you will do any favor of their choosing in return for their help. This can lead to lots of gossip and interaction between characters and the promises that your character makes can lead to all sorts of strange consequences and what have you. When I was in the Outlaws guild, they used to do a lot of this sort of thing. There were other guilds who played similarly too.

I have tried using signs in the past for various things, but I found that using a "messenger" was far superior to using signs. A messenger is simply a character who's sole purpose in life is to relay messages from one character to another in return for a hot meal, a free drink in the tavern, or a small amount of money. From a role playing perspective, you play a messenger character in order to really get engaged with fellow role players. This kind of role puts you right smack in the middle of the action. It's a terrific way to get connected with everyone.

Good luck, and Whisper Bless,
R.S.