Author Topic: shortcut question  (Read 966 times)

baridin

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
shortcut question
« on: May 17, 2015, 09:49:19 am »
I'd like to use my keyboard to craft instead of my mouse. But there doesn't seem to be something like "/put 10 Iron Ore Furnace" that works to put 10 ore in the furnace

Am i overlooking something or is that option just not available?

Noronel Poroner

• Traveller
    • View Profile
Re: shortcut question
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2015, 10:27:42 am »
Welcome baridin. I believe the answer is "not available as it is considered to easy to abuse". The question was asked in at least this http://www.hydlaaplaza.com/smf/index.php?topic=41753 thread but I did not see an "official" answer.

If it makes things a little easier, you can move an entire stack into the container and use shift-left click to spread out the stack. This assumes that there is room and slots for the entire stack.... It doesn't help with partial stacks (the 10 iron ore, in your example) but you can use shortcuts to take 10 from a stack in inventory to your hand and then simply move those ten in two clicks into the container. You can further reduce the clicks if you ctrl-click the stack of ten in your hand.

All key combinations are defaults and may not directly apply to your configuration. Be sure to reference Options > Controls > Mouse for appropriate combinations.
Active Characters: Faicke Letenerele
Missing, Dead or Retired Characters: Noronel Poroner

Pierre

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2015, 12:13:54 pm »
Ditto the welcome :)

baradin I will say that I am sure there is a way to do this without dragging and dropping.  There are too many high level crafters who will craft for hours straight.  They are not dragging and dropping.  But I don't know what their workaround is.  Not botting, maybe afking, but certainly not dragging and dropping.  Their poor hands/wrists.

Since few people are playing these days, it might be hard to find one of them at the forge.  I would try Harnquist's forge, the exterior part or the interior room right behind Harn himself.  Way of the Hammer dwarves, a Felines Lair fenki, and a darling Nolthrir are a few of the ones who make damn good armor and weapons.

I hope you get to be a top crafter, the stuff we can make in Yliakum, especially with enchantments, is very nice (plus pretty to look at).  Cheers.

baridin

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2015, 06:09:48 pm »
thanks for the welcome  :)

so learned something above:
left-shift+click = take 1 of stack
leftt-ctrl+click = take full stack
and doing the latter on stack in container spreads the contents out

\\o//  \\o//  \\o// that lowers the number of clicks needed immensly,   \\o//  \\o//  \\o//
thanks for pointing me to that bit of wisdom Noronel

Now if we could only get an "alt+click = take amount as last time of stack" we'd be set completely
« Last Edit: May 17, 2015, 06:12:11 pm by baridin »

Bonifarzia

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2015, 12:35:43 am »
Now if we could only get an "alt+click = take amount as last time of stack" we'd be set completely
Exactly this is actually available with Neeno's client mods, but i am not sure if it is among the features considered for inclusion in the official client (or if it was even already merged).
Dragging a custom stack amount (Thanks to Hupus)
Dropping a single item from a stack
The latter means 50% less clicks when putting single items in a container.