Author Topic: I'm a bit confused  (Read 298 times)

Aerith

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
I'm a bit confused
« on: June 24, 2003, 02:15:03 pm »
The site says when you log in for the first time it\'ll be 3rd person, but it\'s 1st person for me :S ?

I don\'t seem to find any useful information on these forums and I don\'t have any hardware issues or anything, but can someone post a big reply to this with all kinds of useful information on how to get started, what to try first, how to move around, how to interact?

I tried searching the forum but I couldn\'t find anything with that search-function. (or maybe I overlooked dunno)

I\'d like to know what this 1st person thingie is, and where I can find some up-to-date information.

Thank you,
Myriamele

hook

• Veteran
    • View Profile
    • Hook's Humble Homepage
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2003, 03:24:03 pm »
whenever you connect to PS, you start in 1st person (unless you hack the config)

m - changes the view (1st -> 2nd -> 3rd person)
r - auto run
shift - run
w a s d - move
up down ledt right - move
pgup pgdn - view up, down
\\ (sometimes #) - mouse look

you have to right-click to interect ...rghtclck a person to \"target\" him ...this is importaint when you /greet the person or when you talk ot NPCs
right-click on a object (usually crystal) to pop up a menu, left-click the desired selection then (pick-up, view, (un)lock?)

chat-box commands:
/say - (works even if you just type the message without the \"/say\" in front of it) works 10m around i think
/shout - shouts all around the world
/tell - you tell something only to that user, the other\'s don\'t hear it
/greet (or just /greet when the user\'s targeted) - you bow to the user as in a greeting
/quit - quits, obviously
/spawn - respawns you to the Plaza (where you start), but you have to run the updater in order to get /spawn to work right
/me does stupid things - you do stupid things :]

for now the best thing is to explore, find crystals, (learn to) interact with other players and NPCs, solve the hidden quest (don\'t ask about it, try to figure it out yourself!), learn to climb, jump roof-tops ...
:emerald: The Treecastle *will* stand !!! :emerald:

in-game name: Seeln