Author Topic: Technical help subforum  (Read 545 times)

lynx_lupo

• Veteran
  • Sorbus aria!
    • View Profile
    • Linux pri nas
Technical help subforum
« on: October 30, 2003, 04:55:45 pm »
Since too few people read the sticky threads in there and post their already resolved problems, I suggest a mod makes a sticky important(all possible eye catchy things) thread on rules of the subforum and links on the most worthy threads(FAQs, major resolved problems...).
"Amor sceleratus habendi"- Ovid
"First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you eat them." -Godzilla

Moogie

• Forum Legend
  • Artist/Flash Animator
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2003, 03:28:49 pm »
So, because people don\'t read sticky threads, there should be a subform with links to the sticky threads...? ?(

I think I\'m missing something here. Why make the whole thing alot more confusing, when people don\'t even read threads that are right infront of them when they go to post in the first place?

Kiern

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2003, 03:50:41 pm »
Because that way the stupid posts would be cleared out and you don\'t have to search through topics with about the same topic and only one having the correct answer, since one big thread with all the answers is hard to look through as well.

I don\'t care, but I think that is what lynx meant it for

Moogie

• Forum Legend
  • Artist/Flash Animator
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2003, 05:16:38 pm »
Ohh... hmm, I see what you mean. So they\'d be closed threads in their own little area, containing everything you need to know without all the clutter and having to read every reply to the thread for more information.

In this case I think it\'s a good idea. Threads in the main Tech Help area would just be answered by a link to the relevant thread in the subforum, then if they wanted to discuss it more they can do so on their own thread.

Hehe, I\'ve been converted! :P

lynx_lupo

• Veteran
  • Sorbus aria!
    • View Profile
    • Linux pri nas
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2003, 12:54:41 pm »
I actually didn\'t envision it like that, but this is a way better solution! :)
"Amor sceleratus habendi"- Ovid
"First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you eat them." -Godzilla