Author Topic: Pickpocketing?  (Read 655 times)

shadowlark

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
Pickpocketing?
« on: February 02, 2004, 04:42:47 am »
Well, I think pickpocketing should definately be implemented into the game it adds a little more excitement to the game-   but at a point where excessive thieving can be disabled.

There should be certain areas where thieving is allowed such as in forests/battlegrounds and city borders,  and places where the skill can be disabled such as Taverns or libraries, mostly the more friendly areas (indoors most likely) where players can feel at rest from the dangers of the world.  ;)

And there should also be a time limit after each attempt at pickpocket ( similar to neverwinternights )  after each attempt  -wether failed or succeeded-  there should be atleast 10 seconds or a considerable amount of time for both players (thief and target). Just thought I\'d say this, see how people react.. :D

Commando

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2004, 04:57:53 am »
I just though about this:

What if you don\'t have the camera in First Persion mode?
You would very easy detect an thief then..
Commando R-I-P

shadowlark

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2004, 06:57:17 am »
would the stealth ability not apply while stealing? o.O

Quwaar

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2004, 07:23:27 am »
I think pickpocketing should be in building, because it crowded there, and that makes the thieve even more undetectible.
Smile... Tomorrow will be worse

Deddarus

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2004, 04:01:14 pm »
i think pickpocketing should be implemented where a message is given to the victim if the thief fails (so they can run/attack the thief)

additionally thieveing should be quite difficult and only yield light items (eg a thief trying to take your platemail leggings isnt gonna succeed now is he!)

as for safe areas... i believe the protection of the citizens from crime should fall to those guilds who have dedicated themselves to law enforcement

Tyriel

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2004, 10:23:41 am »
this pickpocketing thread has been up before...no need for new one but what the hell..

Now listen up heres what should be

Pickpocketing allowed everywhere..U following me..
everywhere..but in certain areas (depending on ur pickpocketing level) the pickpocketing coes harder or easier...wel for exmpl. in city streets or forests...lot of places to run and a big area where its very hard for a thief to come near. the recuierment for take something out of other char not gettin cought is low and very easy but still hard..
In the librarys and taverns as u guys said no PP..well i have an idea...in these places u need a very high pickpocket lvl to steal something and as shadowlark said in neverwinter nights ( I love that game) if u try to steal and get cought u can be killed... so u can steal but the risk is more higher... U feelin me..
So pickpocketing must be in cause there are lot of games with a lot of Pickpocket rules that just makes every respectful thief sick..this game should be different.
So PP everywhere but the skill lvl decides it all and fun part is if thief fails u can kill him and get extra exp. or something else thats up to devs.

any questions??
« Last Edit: February 23, 2004, 10:27:54 am by Tyriel »
\"I have the power to take everything from you.. Including your life\"

Guild for Warriors and Thieves..Guild for adventurers of Strenght and Dexterity-- Portal to our realm http://www.swordofsilence.tk

Toadhead

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2004, 01:59:26 pm »
Originally posted by Commando
I just though about this:

What if you don\'t have the camera in First Persion mode?
You would very easy detect an thief then..

I don\'t even understand why ther is a 3e camera mode, 1e is more realistic and adds much more fun to the game..like pickpocketing would be much cooler and sneaky attacks from behind you :P

Samoth

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2004, 09:51:32 pm »
Pick pocketing should be a skill.

If you fail badly, you are discovered.  The player may call the NPC guard and have you hauled off to jail.

If you fail normally, you move on or try again.

If successful, it\'s off to the tavern.