Author Topic: Windows installer  (Read 602 times)

Fenix*NBK*

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
Windows installer
« on: April 27, 2004, 07:58:54 pm »
Hello guys.

I have followed this project and CrystalSpace a few years now, and I think it is time for a return to a community.

As for today, in order to play this game in Windows, everyone had to download all the parts, into a directory, and run a batch file to unpack it all.

I can build a user-friendly installer using InnoSetupScripts, an OSS application, than is targeted for OpenSource Windows projects, and I will license the result installer under the GPL.

Are you interested in this stuff?

btw: I also suggest you to keep the 20 Meg files, because they can be good for slow-modem users.
=======================================

Uploading:

The source code of an installer won\'t be a problem to upload on my FTP account, because it will take about 1 or 2 Kilobytes, but the binary version of the installer is going to take a hundred megs or so.
I won\'t be able to upload it. (unless you give me some FTP account with 100 megs :) )

Update:

-maybe it\'s better to make both versions on-line i.e.
the 5 zips and the full game?

-Fenix*NBK*
« Last Edit: April 27, 2004, 08:21:12 pm by Fenix*NBK* »

Vengeance

• Veteran
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2004, 10:36:53 pm »
The installer is 100 Megs???  Why would the installer be bigger than the game itself?

hook

• Veteran
    • View Profile
    • Hook's Humble Homepage
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2004, 11:26:14 pm »
Originally posted by Vengeance
The installer is 100 Megs???  Why would the installer be bigger than the game itself?

i think that the installer + planeshift are supposed to be 100MB ...i persume it was just a misunderstanding :]
:emerald: The Treecastle *will* stand !!! :emerald:

in-game name: Seeln