Author Topic: exiting the game  (Read 797 times)

mageryan

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
exiting the game
« on: May 14, 2002, 08:12:46 pm »
How about the only way to qite the game is by ether building a camp (defalt camp gear when you start) or going to town
what do u think, it kinda sonded good when i was thinking about it. it wold be a good target for thevs or somthing. 8)

kyalin

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2002, 09:46:22 pm »
Why would u want to make a place for theives to steal peoples stuff?  People cant always be on, and sometimes people have to leave right then adn cant wait to get to a place, or until they get something to use.  what would happen then? would u just die? that would be kinda dumb.  U should be able to log out when ever i think.

Kiern

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2002, 02:21:40 pm »
I think whenever you exit the game your monkey butlers should come and take you back to your home

OR

you just logout...whatever works for you(i\'d rather have monkey butlers :D )

Golbez

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2002, 02:47:34 pm »
I think that there should be a waiting time before you log out, that way you cannot quit while you are in the middle of a battle.

For example, I click on the \"log out\" button, and then a 30 second countdown begins. If i attack or get attacked during that interval, then the logging out process is stopped, and you will have to try again after the battle/duel/event has ended.

- Golbez

kyalin

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2002, 04:02:19 pm »
Yea there should definitley be a log out wait of between 20-30 seconds.  But u still should be able to log out at any spot with the wait.

Golbez

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2002, 06:06:42 pm »
Yes, of course.  But i never said that you could only log out in certain places.  So, the countdown may begin, doesnt matter where the player is.  But perhaps the player cant move during the countdown, or else someone who is losing a fight would click on \"log out\" and then run away until he gets disconnected.

- Golbez

ratdudett

• Traveller
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2002, 09:00:07 pm »
i think there should be like a 10 sec countdown but u can exit anywhere...

mistwalker

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2002, 05:26:51 am »
The countdown is stupid. It sounds good in theory, but sometimes people need to logout right then. I\'ve had times in runescape where I needed to logout because someone else needed the phone line, and could not because low level monsters were attacking me, and I could not get away for ten seconds to log out. It\'s a bad idea. One that does not work well once implemented.
A fool and his head are soon parted.