Author Topic: What should the pricing and distribution of the game be like?  (Read 5083 times)

MoRpHiNe

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #75 on: April 18, 2002, 02:43:12 pm »
i say lets just go and rob the bank, then hide in antartika w/ our comps and keep robbin ppl till we make enough money to set them up for life, and then keep on robbin more banks till we have enough money to keep us alive, and live like kings in life, history books, and in comps ^_^ or we could go to afghanistan where the american dollar is worth like 65200 ^_^ thats a long ways for 1 dollar..

i say, let me never be complete, i say may i never be content, i say deliver me from swedish furniture, i say deliver me from clever art, i say deliver me from clear skin and perfect teath, i say you have to give up, i say evolve and let the chips fall where they may
I kno I kno, I\'m a newB dont make fun of me..

Competeing with me is like the special olympic\'s, even if you win, you\'re still a retard.

http://www.hitmanclan.tk

cmhitman

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
lol
« Reply #76 on: April 18, 2002, 03:34:45 pm »
yeah lets go to afghanistan!

lol :))
PROUD [SOLE]    HITMAN CLAN WILL RISE AGAIN!      

Valkyr

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #77 on: August 03, 2002, 03:00:40 pm »
i believe the corporate sponsor idea is the best so far. but a dev said to donate skins and models and stuff, that\'s a great idea too. ive been wanting to get on the dev team, but im the leader of a guild, so we can just donate things, and not have to actually be on the list :).
« Last Edit: August 03, 2002, 03:01:02 pm by Valkyr »

SilverStar

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #78 on: August 10, 2002, 05:12:33 pm »
I\'ve just discovered PlaneShift and I think it looks great. I would be sorry if it were to get stuck due to lack of funds. ;(

I think the idea of buying special swords etc with real  $$$ sounds cool. I just wonder if the work involved might make it not so profitable, but I guess you can but try... Having been involved in the past with donations, all I can say is that I\'m skeptical about how anyone can survive on them.

My feeling is that it would be better to pay a small fee of say $5/month, if this were necessary to keep the game alive. In fact, if it really develops as promised, I would even be prepared to pay $10/month.

I apologise if this is an unpopular suggestion :O - as I said, I have just discovered this game, and am new to this forum. But I\'ve been hunting for a good MMORPG, and all the free ones look pretty bad. The ones that look comparable to Planeshift (at least the game plan)  cost over $10/month. So at $5/month it would still be a real bargain.

Especially if the download is free. I really object to games where you have to spend heaps of money buying the software before you can start playing (eg: DAoC). What if you don\'t like it? I think a game should be REALLY free for the first 30 days...

:) :) :)
SilverStar

Miche

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #79 on: August 20, 2002, 12:21:04 pm »
mmmmmhhh....

placards? sponsor....
(cartelloni pubblicitari in italiano)

In some sport games like fifa,gp etc. I ve seen a lot of placards.......

Don\'t know if in a game like this it could be realisable....

Only an idea ;)

Ciao Ciao  

Link

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #80 on: August 21, 2002, 02:50:48 am »
You will notice this thread is from April, Please don\'t bring them back we have all seen them.
The Great Linksunius

Kada-El

• Veteran
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #81 on: August 21, 2002, 04:38:01 am »
Originally posted by Link
we have all seen them.

Apparently this is not the case. As you can see this thread (and threads like it) answers a lot of questions that new people ask. These threads also sometimes discuss ideas that have been suggested recently, but often benefit from having more input from the developers.

I think it is sometimes valuable to see some of these older topics again.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2002, 04:39:51 am by Kada-El »