Author Topic: My two cents....  (Read 575 times)

Kinoss

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
My two cents....
« on: May 24, 2002, 02:52:28 pm »
Here are my ideas for the completed game:

whenever \"/me bow\", \"/me wave\", and others are typed the character performs that animation instead of just displaying the words in the chat box.

A jump button for all characters and/or a fly button for Klyros\'.

The feature to use the mouse to look around the world and definable keyboard keys, like \"W\" moves forward, \"S\" moves backward, \"A\" strafes left, and \"D\" strafes right.

Whenever someone types \":)\" \":(\" \";)\" or any other smiles in the chat box they appear as pics of that smile in the world.

A day night  revolution depending on what time it is either where you live or what the time is where the server is.

.....Well there\'s my two cents...... I\'ll think of more later.

Kendaro

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2002, 10:17:43 pm »
Originally posted by Kinoss
Here are my ideas for the completed game:

whenever \"/me bow\", \"/me wave\", and others are typed the character performs that animation instead of just displaying the words in the chat box.

A jump button for all characters and/or a fly button for Klyros\'.

The feature to use the mouse to look around the world and definable keyboard keys, like \"W\" moves forward, \"S\" moves backward, \"A\" strafes left, and \"D\" strafes right.

Whenever someone types \":)\" \":(\" \";)\" or any other smiles in the chat box they appear as pics of that smile in the world.

A day night  revolution depending on what time it is either where you live or what the time is where the server is.

.....Well there\'s my two cents...... I\'ll think of more later.

emotes are fine but so much of a trivial thing that it is in no way shape or form of any importance at this time. maybe later but lets get more important things first.

a jump button is coming. did you think we would just leave you as slowly walking around aimlessly? this is only a tech demo and it is not very important to jump right now.

mouse look is good and we plan on doing that. it will come in time and so will more views.

showing faces instead of :) in text lines? this is a role play game not an ICQ or MSN chat program. that is something that is totaly not needed and would be a waist of time to put it in.

a day or night revolution depending on where you are or where the server is?? hmmm that would mean when it was day for you it could be night for another person playing the game so how could timed events happen per say a ghoul only comes out at night, when it is only night for 2/3 of the players. there will be a set game time and it will revolve much faster then normal time. two hours for you could be an entire day in PlaneShift.

Golbez

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2002, 11:57:23 pm »
I thought there would not be Day/Night cycles, since the Crystal is constantly emitting rays of light that illuminate the whole world.

- Golbez

meket

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2002, 12:18:13 am »
and i thought part of the crystal was stickin up the other side of the ground so that the sunlight was hitting the crystal and was reflecting it into the big hole  ?(

alcapalis

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2002, 02:58:32 am »
i thought the settings page said that there will be days/nights, because the crystal doesnt always sends out the same quantity of light.........

o and.. Meket.. you here?
 :D  Alcapalis- EPE  :D
The E.P.E. guild site!
-=PLANESHIFT.TK=-

Guild Leader

David_HD

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2002, 07:09:47 am »
I think the duration of a \"game day\" should not be an even factor of a \"real day\"... maybe 5 hours? that way if someone can only get on at the same time each day (or each whatever, actually) they\'re not always in and out at the same points in the cycle... It\'d suck to only be able to play, say, from just after shops close to just before they open... Staggering it means that they won\'t have to wait more than a couple return visits our time, if they can only be on at a certain time, before they can hit the shops...