Author Topic: side step?  (Read 417 times)

meket

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
side step?
« on: May 24, 2002, 11:11:06 pm »
what about soem sort of ctrl + left/right to make the guy side step?

alcapalis

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2002, 03:01:53 am »
u mean strafe buttons?
i think strafe buttons and jump buttons wouldn\'t be very good, because this is an rpg.. if they want to make this a fighting rpg it might be usefull, but since they also want to  out in jobs like miners.. i think it wont be a fighting only rpg, so those buttons wont mean much..
just what i think....
 :D  Alcapalis- EPE  :D
The E.P.E. guild site!
-=PLANESHIFT.TK=-

Guild Leader

David_HD

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
I still like strafe keys, myself...
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2002, 03:26:25 am »
Been playing FPSs for so long, it\'s second nature to me to want them when just moving around... particularly if I\'m doing something (relatively) complicated, like trying to position my character to look at something or anything like that.... If mouselook is implemented, the left and right arrow keys should be mapped over, (i would hope) obviously... At least have an option such that people can have this if they want it. If they\'d rather have that button free for something else, that\'s their perogative, right? Strafing\'s easy enough to implement, anyway, ne? It\'s not like there\'s a major coding effort or massive overhead associated with it...

Killz4Thrillz

• Traveller
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2002, 04:32:07 am »
Anyone here play System Shock 2?
Well it would be nice to have movement like that, Where you have free Mouse look strafe and jump keys. You can press a button that puts it in mouse pointer mode that lets you click on things on your screen to navigate menues mostly without haveing to turn your whole body.
Lasarath

David_HD

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
To stray somewhat from the original topic...
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2002, 07:01:40 am »
Speaking of System Shock 2... I think we should throw in the ability to climb over obsticles that are just a little to high for you to jump... That was one of the best features of that game... It spared so much annoyance, and that way you don\'t have to be able to jump as high, which makes things more realistic..