Author Topic: Player Killing  (Read 3204 times)

lokee

• Traveller
    • View Profile
Yep, didn't read it all!
« Reply #30 on: July 18, 2002, 10:44:34 am »
Sorry but, my post was just about what I taught about player killing!
So it doesn\'t need to take in account what you said.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2002, 10:48:50 am by lokee »

\"You should be careful if you don\'t know where you\'re going,
\'Cuz you might not get there!\". Yogi Bera [/I][/U]

Join The Bism! [/I][/U]

Kalaria

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
Hmmm....
« Reply #31 on: July 25, 2002, 07:48:27 pm »
I don\'t like to be the one who makes waves, so I\'m glad to see that there are others who don\'t necessarily like PKing outside of an arena setting.  I feel the need to just add a couple of cents to the pot on this issue.
I have played countless games where pking is ultimately allowed...either in revamp or added \"pk\" servers.  Here is what happens to the casual gamer  in every instance that I have been a party to.  
1)  They can\'t play 24/7 and therefore can\'t become the Uber prince of destruction, and therefore become instant corpses each and every time they move out of whatever \"safety\" zone has been established.  This leads to pretty darn quick disgruntledness.
2) They lose so much money in \"buying back con\" or \"looting\" that they can never afford anything else.  
3)(I think that this one affects more people than just the prime time players) Everyone spends so much time either \"seeking revenge on that jerk that killed me\" or calling everyone names that they never experience the sense of \"community\" that makes online games fun to play.
I feel I have lifted a great weight from my chest.  Thanks for allowing it.  :D
\"Thou hast mastery over the word only until it is spoken.  Then it gains mastery over thee.\"  Saki c1250ad