Author Topic: Mac OS Package!  (Read 70671 times)

Mathious

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #30 on: January 09, 2005, 09:19:29 am »
...dunno if its a problem everyone is having at the mo, but I cant get on the server, even though the updater will let me ping it without problem, pings are really high though, 450+

Edit: ...make that pings of 3000+!!!!!!!!! - bear in mind this is on an unloaded 256kb adsl line, checked my bandwidth and it seems to all be fine on my end of things..
« Last Edit: January 09, 2005, 10:44:00 am by Mathious »
Join me in my quest!  @ http://www.slim.filetap.com

a4paper

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #31 on: January 09, 2005, 10:41:42 am »
I\'m downloading it now and all I can do is hope that it works :D

Kramy

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #32 on: January 09, 2005, 01:24:24 pm »
Originally posted by Zapski
There\'s a blue un-textured area with reverse and upside down letters in it. I\'ll take a screen shot and post it here next time it happens. It looks like something from StrongBad\'s virus email.

I think that\'s the other side of someone\'s name. Happens in the PC version too. It\'s not really a problem....just a rendering glitch I guess. :D

keifer

• Traveller
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #33 on: January 09, 2005, 02:37:48 pm »
Concerning the updater problem:

When you try to manualy unzip the package repository package, it gives an error about it not being allowed. I unziped it with

\"sudo unzip /Applications/PlaneShift\\ 3D/repos.zip\" , and the file extracted fine. The Updater still won\'t work, because it wants to unzip the file it\'s self. Running the updater as sudo also doesn\'t get you anywhere.

So, I\'m woundering if eather the repos.zip file, or the updater.app has an incorrect premision set somewhere. Hopefully dfryer will be able to help. :)
- Geharor Fatoori

macpete

• Traveller
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #34 on: January 09, 2005, 03:29:50 pm »
Following the advice given in this forum I managed to log on and now the game seems to works. Thanks :)

The ping responses are really prohibitive (from 1300 ms to 1600 ms here ... I\'m typing this message from Italy) so I think that the frame drops are related to the server lags ...

I\'m playing PlaneShift on a PowerMac MDD dual 1.25 with a radeon 9600 OEM and MacOS X 10.3.7. The OpenGL rendering seems almost working  except for some strange polygonal artifacts ...

Are there any plan for new servers?

Any newby from my country?
« Last Edit: January 09, 2005, 03:32:46 pm by macpete »

vamptvo

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
Freezing
« Reply #35 on: January 09, 2005, 06:54:12 pm »
Thank you, Zapski, for answering my question. I set up all the files and the game is working, but I\'m having a major problem now...

PLANESHIFT KEEPS FREEZING!

Before I can get past creating my character, Planeshift freezes my entire computer. I\'ve had to restart at least 10 times already.  I really want to play the game, but I can\'t really get that far.

Can you tell me how to fix this problem, or make it not happen so much, or ANYTHING!?!??

hehe... thanks

Iky

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #36 on: January 09, 2005, 07:34:21 pm »
Wait I\'m confused I got the same problem
client runs hear intro music crashes.

Copy Nib file I\'m confused.

I did a post but no answer.

Running a Mac. ?(

Master Fwiffo

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #37 on: January 09, 2005, 09:43:25 pm »
Hello, Newbie here.

Juust found out about this aproximatly 10 minutes ago, and was most excites to find a FREE MMORPG for MAC.  I never thought I would see such a thing, and am most happy to find it now.

However, as it is slowly, ever-slowly downloading (well, it *is* 270 megs) I\'m seeing there\'s a lot of problems with getting it to start up.

Having read everything, and still a bit unsure on the details, coulde I request someone quickly give me a simple step-by-step instruction on what to do to get it started?  I\'m on a G4 Powerbook with plenty o memory running the latest version of Panther, and assume I know nothing.  Because I don\'t.  

Thanks in advance, and I look forward to playing!

Jolly Crims

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
How to do it baby!
« Reply #38 on: January 09, 2005, 11:41:14 pm »
Okay folks, this is the best chance Mac users have for a real online RPG experience so lets not freak out. I downloaded it last night and with a little juggling got it to run as smooth as beta-silk.

Here is what I did:
1.) Downloaded and mounted the dmg file Planescape comes in.

2.) Copied the Planescape folder to my games folder.

3.) Opened the folder and ctrl-clicked on the file named \"psclient\"

4.) Show package contents

5.) Opened \"Contents\"

6.) Opened \"Resources\"

7.) Copied \"libcal3d.10.dylib\" to the desktop

8.) Made a folder called \"lib\"

9.) Put the \"libcal3d.10.dylib\" file into the \"lib\" folder

10.) From the finder menu-bar click on Go and then \"Go to folder\"

11.) type in \"/usr\"

12.) GET INFO on the \"local\" folder and go to ownership and permissions.

13.) push the Unlock button and change the owner from \"system\" to you. Note that you need to have the admin password to do this. Check Mac help if you don\'t know what I am talking about.

14.) Move the \"lib\" folder with your copied planeshift file into the \"local\" folder

15.) Change the owner of the \"/usr/local\" directory back to system and lock it up.

16.) Run psclient

Ta-Da

I run a 1ghz G4 powerbook on Mac OS 10.2.8 and it looks fine other than what looks to be Beta-type glitches.

Now I need to find out where to get gold ore from.

-Jolly

Iky

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #39 on: January 10, 2005, 12:55:32 am »
Jolly I\'am stuck on Step 13 Should I leave the lock  UNLOCk  ?(

Jolly Crims

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #40 on: January 10, 2005, 01:21:38 am »
When in doubt, leave it like you found it.

Changing the permissions to allow you to copy the planeshift file into \"/usr/local/lib\" is what is important. So you change the owner to yourself, insert the \"lib\" folder with ps file, and then change the ownership back to \"system\" when you are done.

I believe the lock button is there so you don\'t go accidentally clicking on stuff and monkeying up the works. I know a wee bit of Mac and a wee bit of linux so don\'t quote me.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2005, 01:25:34 am by Jolly Crims »

Jolly Crims

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
Screen resize?
« Reply #41 on: January 10, 2005, 01:31:28 am »
A snag,

After playing for a while and leaving the computer, I restarted the psclient up again and the game screen has shrunk to half the size that I originally saw it as.

Is there anywhere i should look for a fullscreen option?

Also I have never seen the horizontal toolbar at the top of the playscreen that is shown in screenshots and the player\'s guide.

Thanks for the game guys. We are appreciative.

-Jolly

Jolly Crims

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
Blathering on...
« Reply #42 on: January 10, 2005, 02:30:02 am »
It looks like the config file got reset.
It looks like it set itself to 640x480.
I changed the screen size in the psclient.cfg. But all my shortcuts (the default shortcuts) are gone and the tool panels do not fade in/out.

Sorry for posting too much crap. Wondering what the other Mac users are experiencing.

macpete

• Traveller
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #43 on: January 10, 2005, 07:07:39 am »
Thanks Jolly for this step-by-step procedure ... it seems to be  the right procedure with this version of the psclient package and everyone should follow it.

It\'s a pity that the game doesn\'t allow Mac users to change resolution from the in-game option menu and that it isn\'t possible running it in full screen mode ...

Anyway ... a project this huge deserve our support as Mac users :)

I hope to see new version of the client soon ...

Melchor

• Traveller
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #44 on: January 10, 2005, 08:09:58 am »
You can switch to fullscreen mode  :

edit the planeshift.cfg file and set the Video.FullScreen line to true