Author Topic: html  (Read 809 times)

Tarachnul

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2005, 07:19:33 pm »

BTW: Dreamweaver now makes XHTML compliant pages, least the version we have at school does...

your SCHOOL has dreamweaver?...i dont like you:evil:

anyways yeah i hate youX(..but yeah XHTML is alot better than basic HTML if a little more complicated....and dreamweaver is a cool program....

again i hate you....:D

regards

-Tarach
« Last Edit: February 23, 2005, 07:20:46 pm by Tarachnul »
Uuma quena en\'mani lle ume, ri\'mani lle umaya; uma ta ar\'lava ta quena ten\'irste\'  
(Speak not of what you have done, or what you are going to do; do it, and let it speak for itself)

Harkin

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2005, 07:22:22 pm »
you like dreamweaver that much? heck i have copy here on my desktop, of course it isnt the education edition we have at school, but it does good job at color coding my pages, and keeping track and FTP\'ing them...

there are no other editors compared to dreamweaver...
« Last Edit: February 23, 2005, 07:22:35 pm by Harkin »
I am just a figment of you imagination and a byproduct of the worse accident ever... ... or so my mommy says!
Imagine your life ripped to hundreds of shreds, then think about how you just stepped in poo, welcome to my world.

-Scott

Tarachnul

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2005, 07:27:06 pm »
yeah i actually have it on my desktop too...but its stupid 5.0...i um...\"acquired\" the mx adition but  my stupid parents made me get rid of it once they found out it was ilegal...

(why would your school need it anyways ?( )

regards

-Tarach
Uuma quena en\'mani lle ume, ri\'mani lle umaya; uma ta ar\'lava ta quena ten\'irste\'  
(Speak not of what you have done, or what you are going to do; do it, and let it speak for itself)

Harkin

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #18 on: February 24, 2005, 05:52:56 am »
my school has web design as a course, and as being in web design II, we make our school web site, since this year no one is in web design III, but next year i\'ll most likely be in 3 to once again make our web site...

btw: we have the whole studio package, flash, fireworks...
I am just a figment of you imagination and a byproduct of the worse accident ever... ... or so my mommy says!
Imagine your life ripped to hundreds of shreds, then think about how you just stepped in poo, welcome to my world.

-Scott

Socrates Demise

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #19 on: February 24, 2005, 06:57:12 am »
I don\'t know that it is nessary to say do not use a wysiwyg editor... I use dreamweaver to page but then go in and polish up the code.. If it hadn\'t been for programs like that, taht could get the page close I would have never learned html.

After thiking about it I guess the last site I built the new one for my guild was done primarly in the code box instead of in the design box... but it is also the firs one i tried to to totally seperate the html and the styles.

Dreamweaver also does a pretty good job of making compliant pages... or at least pages that work cross browser...

But I agree don\'t let the program do all the work and call it good enough...  Go in after you\'ve got the design and make sure the page is clean and compliant.

Clover

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #20 on: February 24, 2005, 02:30:19 pm »
Originally posted by Mezasa
I don\'t want to be mean or anything, but please do every person who actually codes and cares about keeping the web up to standards a favor and do NOT use any wysiwyg (what you see is what you get...) editors.  Sure they are easy, but it\'s better to learn html.  I know you probably don\'t want to, but please do the internet this favor  :rolleyes:

I know a lot of people don\'t realize it, but pages load much faster when you don\'t use crappy coding, and thats what most (probably all) of those fast things do.

I\'m just going to say, people who actually \'code and care\' about the web do so by creating informative and meaningful sites, not by slaving over HTML code when there is an easier way.  And these \'WYSIWYG\' editors don\'t add a lot of pointless code, they add what you tell them to add.  A few lines might be added for compatibility with the program or web standards, but it would take thousands of lines of HTML to show a noticable difference in the loading time.  (By noticable I mean a second or two at most.)
« Last Edit: February 24, 2005, 02:32:20 pm by Clover »
Ordo Illuminatis
Master in the House of Shadow
Official Tavern Kitty

__Taking an extended leave of absense from PS.

JellyWerker

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #21 on: February 24, 2005, 10:36:18 pm »
Not download speed, but how fast it renders in the browser, take a nicely written site, and take a site that has inline css before every paragraph and all sorts of things like that, and see which renders faster in your browser.
Warning: Prone to common sense.

Clover

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #22 on: February 24, 2005, 10:58:24 pm »
I\'m saying that the time difference is minimal.  I write my code with inset CSS/Javascript and external CSS/Javascript, the difference isn\'t noticeable.
Ordo Illuminatis
Master in the House of Shadow
Official Tavern Kitty

__Taking an extended leave of absense from PS.

Harkin

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #23 on: February 25, 2005, 05:54:19 am »
ooo.. the difference has always been big for me with external and inline CSS, thats why my pages just link to the master CSS and any other local CSS pages, so no inline stuff, frontpage, which sucks horribly, always does inline, dreamweaver does too, but not to the extent...

anyway i use :

DzSoft PHP Editor and Source Edit

to code my pages with some help from dreamweaver, these too programs work nicely with my PHP coded pages...

anyway clover, most professional\'s who care about the quality of their pages, me, dont use WYSIWYG, as they tend to add a lot of extra things, and make it too easy, when i meet a problem in some code, any coding language, I like to shift through 500 lines of code by hand and fix it...

so anyway... external > inline :D

-Scott

kidkiller13

• Traveller
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #24 on: February 25, 2005, 11:17:18 am »
thx everyone, ive got the hang of html , but now im looking for templates , does anyone no a good place to find some ???