Author Topic: [GUILD] The Dragon Council  (Read 31521 times)

Thedrish

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
Re: [GUILD] The Dragon Council
« Reply #360 on: November 24, 2006, 06:13:15 am »
Grrr... There aren't any dragons in PS! They don't exist! No one's ever heard of them! Argh!

This is an issue that has been talked about (too) many times.

Did you ever see the flying creature named Caracas (Death Realm)?
It does resemble a "dragon-lilke" creature  ;)
Thedrish Urthadar
Knights Commander of The Lost Knights

Datruth

• Hydlaa Notable
  • "You can't Squeeze Blood from a stone."
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: November 24, 2006, 10:01:31 am »
To this day, i've only seen like 4 Dragon council members....

Where are all of you guys?

It seems like a great guild, i just hope everyones active.

Looking forward to seeing you all in game.

~~Datruth
Truth To Disbelief

Quote from: svuun
I adopt Karyuu.  She might not be new but her skin is so supple, soft and n00b like....  :sweatdrop:

Phinehas

« Reply #362 on: November 24, 2006, 02:42:37 pm »
Grrr... There aren't any dragons in PS! They don't exist! No one's ever heard of them! Argh!

This is an issue that has been talked about (too) many times.
And so you woke this thread up to discuss it again? Verrrry intelligent. Seems that I need to speak with Rioth about some thigs...

zanzibar

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: November 24, 2006, 04:41:29 pm »
Phinehas, what would you have them do to correct it?
Quote from: Raa
Immaturity is FTW.

Phinehas

« Reply #364 on: November 24, 2006, 05:02:46 pm »
To correct what? If you mean their usage of dragons, then I don't know. They knew from the very start what they were doing, and lots of people posted saying it wasn't a great idea and that they should try something else. They didn't. I doubt that they want to now, either.

Janner

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: November 24, 2006, 05:14:56 pm »
 From opening post.

The Arrival

It was only the beginning of spring... Well an Yliakumen spring, but still a spring... There were not many things troubling the peaceful and quiet life of Yliakum\'s inhabitants. Last fall\'s harvest hadn\'t been very good, but it was enough for everyone to live on. So it was really unexpected to see, one of those sunny morning, such a mass of people coming from the Stone Labyrinth. What was even more surprising was that those people seemed to wish to settle in one town or another. Well it\'s what they thought.

So as you see they came from a different place [world], so there world, might well have Dragons, docent mean we have them here, and they are not saying we do.
IT is there actions as a guild that counts, I for one have a lot of respect for this guild.
Glad to help.

Phinehas

« Reply #366 on: November 24, 2006, 05:21:11 pm »
This has already all been discussed, and I have no desire to span Rioth's thread, again.

However, allow me to point out that I could then introduce pop-tarts and coke to Yliakum, saying that my character had heard of them from some other world that he travelled from. I will say nothing more on this subject unless one of the members of the guild instigates.

zanzibar

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: November 24, 2006, 05:26:53 pm »
Add the fact that it's supposed to be that people haven't entered Yliakum from beyond the Bronze Doors for something like 600 years...
Immaturity is FTW.

zorbels

• Forum Addict
  • Screenshot Queen of PS - EX GM - Strawberries <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: November 24, 2006, 05:38:43 pm »
Well besides the name, the Dragon Council guild is very respectable in my books. They have great role-players in their guild that I have had the pleasure of role-playing with. They have made a great system for their guild, posted a great deal of history about themselves and have been around as long as I have known ps. Though they are not around 24/7 I have seen dragon council members around and of course the guild is some what active. The only compliant I have seen about them time and time again is their guild name. If the guild name was to change a GM would have been instructed to do it by now. Obviously it is being accepted. Though I can understand the confusion the name can bring we are also thinking in RL terms. It is possible in Yliakum language that a word like dragon does exsist but it just doesn't mean the same to the "Yliakum language" as it does in "RL language."
   I've been outside, it's overrated and the graphics suck!

Phinehas

« Reply #369 on: November 24, 2006, 05:44:16 pm »
That excuse is stretching it somewhat Zorbels.

Also, I would like to point out that I, too, have nothing against this guild except its name. Not yet, at least...

zanzibar

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: November 24, 2006, 05:57:40 pm »
Well besides the name, the Dragon Council guild is very respectable in my books. They have great role-players in their guild that I have had the pleasure of role-playing with. They have made a great system for their guild, posted a great deal of history about themselves and have been around as long as I have known ps. Though they are not around 24/7 I have seen dragon council members around and of course the guild is some what active. The only compliant I have seen about them time and time again is their guild name. If the guild name was to change a GM would have been instructed to do it by now. Obviously it is being accepted. Though I can understand the confusion the name can bring we are also thinking in RL terms. It is possible in Yliakum language that a word like dragon does exsist but it just doesn't mean the same to the "Yliakum language" as it does in "RL language."

Actually, Zayek did change their name (way back when) but they made such a stink about it that Zayek changed the name back.
Immaturity is FTW.

zorbels

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: November 24, 2006, 06:04:59 pm »
Quote from: zanzibar
Actually, Zayek did change their name (way back when) but they made such a stink about it that Zayek changed the name back.

Interesting Zanzibar. Well then, case closed ... the majority won out. The players of PS spoke out and we should respect it. :D Thanks for posting that fact though Zanzibar, I actually had no clue.

* zorbels check marks the "learn something new every day" off of her things to do list.

Rioth

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
    • The Dragon Council
« Reply #372 on: November 24, 2006, 06:39:52 pm »
Mmm, this discussion, again.. X-/

Anyway, yeah,
Looking forward to seeing you all in game.

Looking to see you ingame too Datruth :innocent:
Burning anger gets you do a howling riot...
~ Dragon Lord of The Dragon Council
Rioth

zorbels

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: November 24, 2006, 07:02:05 pm »
Quote from: Phinehas
That excuse is stretching it somewhat Zorbels.

It isn't an excuse Phinehas and it is logical ... at least from my point of view. :) I am just using my imagination and not focused on mixing real life with game life. It can also be true if people let it.

@Rioth: And it will happen again and again and again. Did I mention it will happen again? Your guild name is an easy target because of the naming policy. We all know how picky some can be. Not that that is a bad thing, just irritating when same old, same old is brought up especially if you have been apart of the discussions prior to the new one.

Thedrish

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: November 25, 2006, 04:37:45 pm »
It may be an easy target ... but when addressed (and who did start it last time? we didn't), it will be answered by one of us  ;)

And yes, we aren't online 24 hours a day, but we are there when needed (eh Rioth?).
Thedrish Urthadar
Knights Commander of The Lost Knights