Author Topic: The Quest for the Crystal  (Read 9596 times)

Wormtail_

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
The Quest for the Crystal
« on: October 18, 2002, 07:59:23 pm »
This is the quest thread for the Crystal Quest. Mainly IC posts shall be posted here. Do your best to keep OOC to a minimum, here, too. Anyways, the quest shall begin with the damaging of the Crystal. And can someone tell me how to spell Yakilum, or however it\'s spelled? Remember that all posts without OOC will be considered IC posts.

Note: No offence to anyone mentioned in the story, we just need to use the people to continue the story. However, if you\'d like, I can change the names of NPCs if anyone in the story is mentioned if they\'d like.

One day on the surface, a group of wizards gathered. They had an evil intent, so evil in fact, that not even the most foul-hearted Orc could match up to them. They were members of the Dark Mages cult. Their intent: Destroy the Crystal of Yakinum. They were mages of all kinds of magic, even that of the light. The light mage was really a dark mage without any learning of magic in disguise, so he could learn the way of the light(Much to his displeasure, as he was evil, after all.)

AT THE ENTRANCE TO THE \"CRYSTAL BUILDING\" THING:

A guard fell dead. His Kran comrade fell next to him, dead also. A shuffle of many pairs of feet were heard.
BOOM. BANG. CRASH. ETC.
The gate was destroyed completely. The wizards ran through the smoking debris. One of the mages stayed behind, casted an illusion, and hurried after his comrades.

AT THE CRYSTAL:

\"Alrighty then. On the count of three... you know what do to... One... Two... Three!\" said the Wizard of Darkness. A multitude of powerful indirect spells were casted simultaneously. A loud explosion took place, followed by smoke. The Wizards held their breath. Suddenly, some Crystal shards flew toward them. \"Darn... I thought we had it for sure there...\" said the Mage of Air(I think it\'s the Blue way, not sure). \"Ah well, lets just take these pieces and run, before the Council notices.\" The Wizards vanished.

THE WHOLE OF THE UNDERGROUND CITY:

The sky suddenly darkened. The air became cool. Day became evening... an enternal evening... unless some heroes saved Yakilum...
« Last Edit: October 19, 2002, 05:45:35 am by Wormtail_ »
You pay the same price for doing something halfway as for doing it completely. So you might as well do it completely.
-Richard Nixon

Despise the enemy and you will lose.
-Li Tien (or Dian)

Join the BISM!

Wormtail_

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2002, 08:02:48 pm »
\"Lalala, such a nice day today. Of course, it\'s always nice... So nice it\'s boring. Might as well head to the tavern,\" said a young Lemur, walking towards the tavern of Kada\'El. This Lemur was named Rantan. He was relativily short for a Lemur, and had brown traveling robes. He also used a staff to aid himself in walking, due to long travels and physical weakness. As soon as he opened the door to the famous tavern, though, the sky turned dark. \"Eh? Darkness? Must be a storm, but it\'s cloudless,\" muttered Rantan, \"Oh well, might as well get myself a drink.\" Rantan entered the tavern and sat in a seat around the middle of the bar. He was beginning to ask for a good ale and a meal, but the door was suddenly swun wide open, and a Council messenger, it looked like from the white robes, magical field, and special staff, plus a yellow C on the middle of the robes, entered. The Council messenger was a Diaboli, the most noticable marking being the tail. The Diaboli strode across the room to the Kada\'El\'s tavern kitchen thing. Rantan looked on in interest, as he had never seen a person working for the Council all his lifetime. The kitchen door opened before the Diaboli got there, and Kada\'El, the famous tavern keeper, strode briskly from the kitchen to meet the messenger. They held a brief conversation, which ended with the Diaboli handing something over and walking towards the door. Kada\'El seemed to cast a spell, and a dozen copies of the thing were made. She saw Rantan, and attempting to smile at him, threw one of the messages at him, probably to see if he was a good catch. Rantan, who was staring, managed to come to his senses and caught the message. Kada\'El went back into went back to the kitchen. Rantan decided to read the scroll after Kada\'El went back into the tavern kitchen thing. The scroll read:

ATTENTION

The Crystal has been damaged. Blah blah blah...(to save time, that\'s just the unimportant stuff). The Council is now looking for people to defeat the freaks who pose a threat toward Ylakium and restore the Crystal. Recruits shall go to the Council HQ on the 7th floor. Recruits will be handsomely rewarded if they succeed.

Rantan stared, while pictures of heroic heroes formed in his mind. He decided to sign up immediately. Forgetting about his meal, he exited the tavern, which creatures were now entering, and headed for the 7th floor, barely noticing the cold and darkness for some reason. He also didn\'t notice the whisperings and scared looks that were on everybody\'s faces.

OOC Note: The tavern was originally full, but I\'m not that good at story telling, but doing my best to tell the story. Anyways, everybody else was drunk and didn\'t pay any attention to the Council messenger and Kada\'El, just to try to make up for not mentioning the drunk people. I will probably edit this whole post later, though...
« Last Edit: October 24, 2002, 09:45:01 pm by Wormtail_ »
You pay the same price for doing something halfway as for doing it completely. So you might as well do it completely.
-Richard Nixon

-Li Tien (or Dian)

Join the BISM!

Silverblade

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2002, 08:52:50 am »
- Walking down a busy street of inner Yliakum -

Tegdaen to Xolon : Excuse me stranger...

Excuse me....  Might you be on your way to the town hall?
I only ask because I have a copy of that very same notice you hold in your hand.
I am sorry, please let me introduce myself...
I am Tegdaen Silverblade, son of Telmaren, of the Stonebreaker clan.

Normally, I would not reply to such requests from our council, but alas, I find myself with nothing better to do after losing my job as instructor at the defense acadamy. Hopefully this quest can bring me glory and fame... or more importantly, riches.
Anyway, enough about my troubles, what might your name be?
« Last Edit: October 19, 2002, 08:56:40 am by Silverblade »

Xolon

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2002, 09:12:19 am »
-Looking up-

Xolon to Tegdaen (bit grumpy):

Hello stranger, Yes actually i am.
People know me as: Xolon the Hammerwielder, blacksmith of Yliakum.
I was busy smithing some armour a young man ask me to smith, when suddenly all the light disappeared. And without the light of the crystal i cant smith.

*sniffing disagreeing*

I saw some people walking around with these scrolls, so i ask one from an old men. Seeing all those brave, yet unexperience young warriors applying, I think its better for them to have an experience fighter on their side. Thats why i\'m applying.

And what else must i do? i cant smith without the light...

« Last Edit: October 19, 2002, 09:12:45 am by Xolon »

Silverblade

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2002, 09:42:02 am »
- Arriving at town hall -

Tegdaen:
Well met Xolon, the blacksmith.
It seems that we are both here out of boredom.
I wonder if that is such a good idea...

*Approaching the great door to the town hall, Tegdaen pulls out his notice to show to the gaurds on duty.
Before the scroll is halfway out of his coat pocket, a gaurd with slightly more decorated armour than the others, makes a signal. At this, two other gaurds open the doors and signal Tegdaen and Xolon inside.  

Tegdaen walks abreast with Xolon, not wanting to look the weaker of the two, when entering a meeting of the council.

When no-one greets them, Xolon and Tegdaen go and sit down next to a fairly tall elf, wearing a green cloak.

Aruneko

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2002, 10:20:24 am »
The elf beside Tegdaen and Xolon turns towards them and smiles.  \"So, more applicants for this crystal business?  You two seem like you\'ll make good candidates for it.  Allow me to introduce myself, I am Aruneko Erebrandir.\"  He shakes hands and greets both of them.  \"I\'ve been looking for a job to do, and this thing sounds perfect.  Why are you two volunteering?\"

Wormtail_

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2002, 10:38:21 am »
OOC: Oy, you three are already at the Council meeting. Guess I\'d better hurry up. :p

IC:
After practically jumping up to the Town Hall, Rantal ran breathlessly past the guards, who immediately let him pass, probably out of fear they\'ll be knocked down. Rantal jumped into the first empty seat he could find, and asked, \"Has the meeting started yet? What\'d I miss? Why are only three other people applying? Are we all going to die?!?!\" The head Council member was taken aback at the sudden appearence of the Lemuri, but quickly recovered and said, \" No, the meeting has not started yet, you did not miss anything, everybody else is probably scared, and no, we are not going to die, although we might face major problems with the crops. Anyways, lets start the meeting. As we all know, the Crystal has been damaged and we are looking for people to avenge it\'s damage, and get the Crystal shards back to us. You four don\'t have to repair the Crystal, leave that to us. You should get started as quickly as possible, and we will supply you with enough gold to buy food and water supplies throughout the trip for about two years. You will be paid in full after you complete the quest. The payment is going to be \'big\', too. Any questions? One more thing: What is your name? These three over here are: Aruneko, the elf, Xolon, the Hammerwielder, and Tagdaen, the Stonebreaker.\" The head Council member(who was, by the way, a Lemuri) folded his hands and waited for any questions, and the response from Rantal. Rantal introduced himself to the others, and waited, impatient for the journey to start.

OOC: The meeting has started. Ask what you want to, and don\'t forget to have your character taken aback at the sudden appearence of Rantal. :p
« Last Edit: October 19, 2002, 10:49:24 am by Wormtail_ »
-Richard Nixon

-Li Tien (or Dian)

Join the BISM!

Silverblade

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2002, 10:43:26 am »
Tegdaen: uh, yes, just one quick question before we head off. How much exactly will we be paid? I was a bit worried when Aruneko over here asked why we had \"Volunteered\"

*Tegdaen peers at this Rantal character out of the corner of his eyes. \"What in the lake is that weak creature doing here?\" He thinks to himself.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2002, 10:55:12 am by Silverblade »

Wormtail_

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2002, 10:57:31 am »
The High Head Council Member of the Underground City replied, \"You will be paid around ten-thousand circles each, plus your own private quarters in a castle overlooking \'many things.\' You will also be made famous, and your \'rank\' will become \'hero.\' You will also be given specialty items, depending on what you are. Any more questions?\" Rantal thought to himself, Ooooh, rich riches! I\'m goint to want to complete this quest. Rantal began to shiver uncontrollably with excitement, and accidently casted healing on himself. \"Oops,\" muttered Rantal. \"Shouldn\'t be doing that right now...\"

OOC: Alrighty then, we\'re off to a good start! We just need the other two to reply and have conversations, and then we\'ll head off!
« Last Edit: October 20, 2002, 09:33:23 am by Wormtail_ »
-Richard Nixon

-Li Tien (or Dian)

Join the BISM!

Silverblade

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2002, 11:06:55 am »
Tegdaen: OK, I\'m all ready. I dont see any point in sitting around here chatting all day.

*Tegdaen gets up

I\'ll meet you all outside

*Walks out the door

Xolon

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2002, 12:47:52 pm »
*Xolon jumped up by the fast and loud entrance of Rantal. Looks at the Lemur and shakes his head...

Xolon:
tss...didnt knew there were people who are even in a hurry when theres no light.

Anyway, Mr. Councillor. I got some questions for you. You were talking about repairing the crystal. So what exactly are you asking us to bring back to Yliakum?
And where can we possibly find it?, What monsters can we expect and are there any friendlies on our way out of Yliakum?
And...do we need to take Rantal with us? or can he be a bit more relaxed on our trip? (*looking at the Lemur)

Wormtail_

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2002, 04:21:37 pm »
The Head Council Member replied, \"You simply need to bring back the Crystal parts. However, some stones with a glow around them would be handy, though... I am pretty sure you will be able to find it in the enemies headquarters, though where that is noone knows. Monsters and creatures you can expect to meet along the way are creatures native to underground worlds, like rock creatures. In forests, expect friendly elves and wood creatures, like moss boars, boars which have moss all over their body. You should expect creatures of all sizes and powers, to. There should be plenty of friendly people around, mostly old hermits with a whole lot of knowledge. And yes, you will have to take Rantal with you, although I think he can use a bit more self-control. Help is greatly valued during times of trouble. By the look of him, he is a mage, and so far I don\'t see any other mages in your party. He will be very valuable to you.\" Rantal said, \"Yeah, I also have archery skills! There\'s no reason at all to leave me behind!\"
« Last Edit: October 20, 2002, 09:32:50 am by Wormtail_ »
-Richard Nixon

-Li Tien (or Dian)

Join the BISM!

Aruneko

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2002, 05:57:40 pm »
Aruneko waited patiently for all the questions to be answered.  He then raised his hand and asked, \"When do we leave?\"

Wormtail_

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2002, 06:35:40 pm »
The Head Council Member replied, \"When you are ready, of course. I see that this meeting is to be adjourned, unless there are any last minute questions, of course? The earlier you leave, the better for all of us.\" The HCM surveyed everybody gravely with the wise look that old people usually have. \"Oh yes, and you\'ll be needing this...\" the Head Council Member said, and handed everybody a small sack of tria. \"Your provision money, and somebody should kindly give... Tegdaen, I think his name was? his money.\" said the HCM. Rantal said, \"Well, might as well get going, then,\" and joined Tegdaen outside the door, while making sure he was well prepared. He took out his staff and used it as a walking stick.

OOC: Well, I\'m assuming that everybody is ready to leave now. I\'ll wait to make sure. So far, Rantal and Tegdaen are outside the door. HCM is Head Council Member, by the way, HCM is easier to type. The HCM gave the gold to Xolon to deliver to Tegdaen, as they\'re both Dwarves.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2002, 09:31:36 am by Wormtail_ »
-Richard Nixon

-Li Tien (or Dian)

Join the BISM!

Xolon

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2002, 06:15:11 am »
\"Ok, i got no further questions for you HCM\".

* Xolon stood up, took his gear and the bag of gold for Tegdaen. Shakes the HCM hand firmly and goes to the others waiting outside.

You will hear from us soon..

*Xolon shakes the HCM hand firmly and goes to the others waiting outside.

Friends...I\'m ready to go!

*Raising his axe into the air.

« Last Edit: October 20, 2002, 06:19:47 am by Xolon »