Author Topic: Halloween trick or treat party  (Read 1971 times)

achmoralan

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2005, 09:02:10 pm »
i would definately love to do this, if my client ever DLs =( 34%now, anyway, it would be much better than the way they celebrate the holidays in WoW (wich i just stopped my service on, so darn expensive) they just put in holiday related itmes, this would actually be player based, it seems like a great idea, again, i havent even DLed the game fully yet, so i dont know how much my opinion will count, but for the record, i will (probably) have this DLed by the 31st, so i will participate for sure!(35% now, yay )

TheMinority

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2005, 10:45:07 pm »
okay, so far I have gotten positive feedback on the Evil Spirit part of the Festival of Forgotten Souls. I would like to go ahead and go through with it, but I cannot do it alone. I need a few donations of prizes, as well as some folk who would be willing to help run it.

For donations of prizes, i\'m looking for things like money or weapons or whatnot. maybe even something like a large bunch of teffy teeth. anything that would make a good prize. If you have a donation, post it here and I\'ll meet up with you sometime in game to collect it.

For help, we need a few people (not many, just a few) who would be willing to walk about at the beginning of the game to designate the Evil Spirits, then to walk about for the rest of the game, periodically checking in with the Spirits to know their location and to be informed of when one has been caught. The people helping will need to be quick to relay information, as well as dedicated to getting their jobs done.

I\'ll meet with those who are willing to help to explain anything they may need/want to know. I will be handling prizes, announcing start/end of game and when spirits were caught, and keep it organized (to the best of my ability. hence why i need help. XD)

[size=4.5]We need to know soon about who is going to help, so please, post here or contact me in game if you\'re able to help in any way. [/size]

As for the new player party in the death realm, talk to acheronista. I came up with the Evil Spirit game, so I\'ll take care of that. Acheronista came up with the festival, so I am not the one to talk to about any other festivities.

TIME OF THE EVIL SPIRIT HUNT: 11:00:00 p.m. (23:00) GMT time. the date is of course, Monday October 31. if you need to convert these times, go here
« Last Edit: October 22, 2005, 11:04:23 pm by TheMinority »

Sekhemet Basek, Depthseeker in the Explorer\'s Guild

zorbels

• Forum Addict
  • Screenshot Queen of PS - EX GM - Strawberries <3
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2005, 02:25:57 pm »
Stronith and I were thinking of going behind the map by the front of Hlydaa gates and mirroring the newbie\'s actions as they walk by. (would be something like a hunted house?) I think it would be great to see their faces as they come to find they cannot reach us!!! If anyone would like to join feel free......

/me practices her best mime face
   I've been outside, it's overrated and the graphics suck!

LigH

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #18 on: October 23, 2005, 02:34:57 pm »
/me raises a finger:

Helper? Volunteer? Sponsor? Tour guide? -- Why not. ;)

Gag Harmond
Knight and Ambassador
The Royal House of Purrty

Dylia

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #19 on: October 23, 2005, 03:18:54 pm »
I would love to help out
Just give the word on what you wish
I hope I did this right
I am still learning how to do stuff in the forums
but none the less here
« Last Edit: November 12, 2005, 05:26:28 am by Dylia »

shorty13

• Hydlaa Notable
  • Skiing > All
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #20 on: October 23, 2005, 04:11:34 pm »
Sounds good.

***puts away 50 damage axes and poses as a noob***
There are two types of people in this world: The Pinky and the Brain.
Which one are you?

zorbels

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #21 on: October 24, 2005, 02:11:58 am »
:D I have many Daggers swords and potions to donate. I need someone to take them off my paws the day before this festival takes place. (I will be out trick or treating <--and not for myself I have a daughter :P)

Oh I will be here for part of the frestival just not till late my time....

LigH

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #22 on: October 30, 2005, 09:16:20 am »
I\'m afraid the chances drop that we will be able to celebrate it... But I do hope and press my both thumbs to get the game stable enough in time.

Gag Harmond
Knight and Ambassador
The Royal House of Purrty

Dylia

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
Ready
« Reply #23 on: October 30, 2005, 11:10:49 am »
Got some donations for this festival. Just let me know when to give them to you.
I look forward to hearing how it goes.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2005, 05:26:52 am by Dylia »

Grndmasta

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #24 on: October 30, 2005, 11:24:02 am »
/me goes and buys a sack

ready for trick or treatin...just kiddin...sounds like fun i will join in the festivities...see everyone there...
Gian Flyus

Dragon Sibling in the Dragon Council

Purple Dragon

TheMinority

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #25 on: October 30, 2005, 03:14:30 pm »
i will be taking any and all prize donations today. sorry i haven\'t been able to the last few days, since the update and other issues at home. any kind of items are appreciated.

also, if you still want to help with the actuall running of the game, please let me know. i\'m available in game (Sekhemet Basek) or on AOL (OneInAMinority), yahoo (HowIsEmail), or MSN (emotionsickness21@hotmail.com).

zorbels

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #26 on: October 30, 2005, 05:53:14 pm »
:D Ok Stronith and I have just donated a mountion of stuff because I believe in this and think it is kick ass you guys are pulling this off. :( Unfortantly I cannot be there for I have a wee one I need to take out trick or treating. Could someone please keep me posted on what happened that night. Maybe post a few stories on the forums? pretty please with trepor sauce on top?

/me bats her eye lashes and hopes her request is heard
« Last Edit: October 30, 2005, 06:47:55 pm by zorbels »

Drey

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #27 on: October 30, 2005, 06:01:36 pm »
bats and eyelashes.... is that a good mix?

how late are you guys going too?
<Rux> i wish i could say that narrows it down, but the internet is one freaky place

zorbels

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #28 on: October 30, 2005, 06:48:45 pm »
Originally posted by Drey
bats and eyelashes.... is that a good mix?

*sighs* It is an expression from where i am from. :D

TheMinority

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #29 on: October 30, 2005, 07:45:42 pm »
it will continue until all the spirits have been vanquished, or until midnight EST.

hopefully we\'ll be able to expell all the evil spirits in our land before then. ;D

Edit:

The Evil Spirit has left our town... for now. Thanks to Taeeth, Acheronista, Tuxide, Constrabus, and Noctem for participating as the Evil Spirit\'s victims. We will do this again next year at the same time, same date. Hope you all had fun playing!

Once more, a big thank you to the Hydlaa Outfitters (run by Bodacher) for supplying us with prizes. If you want a quality item, check the Hydlaa Outfitters out!
« Last Edit: October 31, 2005, 10:04:24 pm by TheMinority »