Author Topic: Can't join / Create new character  (Read 2179 times)

Chakkiym

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2005, 12:55:31 am »
i hope it isn\'t too hard to sortout .... cuase i got the newbie creation thing too ..... i had a fight with that next button!

stfrn

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • the beaver ex-dev :B
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2005, 12:58:41 am »
comphappy, what do you need a mod for? Karyuu can\'t program :P

As I said before, this is a random thing that will just mysteriously work sometimes, and other times not. I will try and get a server admin (acriag) to look into why the server is not sending the correct responsce. Till then no one can create, so just be patiant.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2005, 01:01:30 am by stfrn »
player -> gm -> dev -> bum

Kythag

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
me too
« Reply #17 on: December 05, 2005, 01:00:05 am »
I have just joined the forums finally(always want to have some ingame experience before I start posting random nothingness).  I saw the communicative storytelling thread and about exploded.  I want to create a character simply for an engaging storyline and roleplay it to completion.

Alas, I can\'t make one :\\  .  I have no theorys about what is wrong.  Just looking forward to when it is fixed.  Remember all, this is in alpha stage.  These things will happen, so just grin(feebly) and bear it(poorly).  I know I do.

:D

Kythag
Don\'t want to rain on your parade, so please put the floats away.

Karyuu

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #18 on: December 05, 2005, 01:00:13 am »
I\'m not sure where I would come in :) I\'m not familiar with the code as well, and generally have no control of what happens. Though I can definitely say that this is being looked into.
Judge: Are you trying to show contempt for this court, Mr Smith?
Smith: No, My Lord. I am attempting to conceal it.

comphappy

• Traveller
    • View Profile
Thank You
« Reply #19 on: December 05, 2005, 01:07:43 am »
Thank You for your time, I did find something of interest in my log file of the update

====== Sun Dec 04 16:44:46 2005
GL driver: ialmgicd 6.14.10.3732
NOTIFY: Applied: Intel: Extreme Buggy Graphics
NOTIFY: OpenGL renderer: Intel 865G (vendor: Intel) version 1.3.0 - Build 4.14.10.4308
NOTIFY: Using windowed mode at resolution 640x480.
NOTIFY: Pixel format: Color: 32 Alpha: 8 Depth: 24 Stencil: 8 AccumColor: 64 AccumAlpha: 16 MultiSamples: 0
VSync is disabled.
Critical files () not found (Server only)
Mounting skin: /planeshift/art/apps.zip
Skipping \'YesNo\' because it\'s already loaded
NOTIFY: psUpdaterEngine initialized.
Couldn\'t delete temporary repository zip (/this/updatertemp/repos.zip)
Checking updates
Updates: 0
Creating psnetconnection 093A2F18!

========
Saved total 44 seconds of CPU time
========

This

Critical files () not found (Server only)

Karyuu

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #20 on: December 05, 2005, 01:11:35 am »
Refer to Bereror\'s last post here.

comphappy

• Traveller
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #21 on: December 05, 2005, 01:21:59 am »
I just saw that after i submited

This may be completly unrelaited, but i do have this error come up every time i load ps right befor the game opens.  I was able to get a quick screenshot
it says:

Warning: Could not load plugin \'crystalspace.sndsys.manager\'

Not knowing much about the code, but that sounds kind of like the server communication manager, but i could be wrong

Karyuu

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #22 on: December 05, 2005, 01:27:08 am »

nprz

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #23 on: December 05, 2005, 02:00:46 am »
It is very strange because it isn\'t just creating a new character for me. My normal account has 2 characters and when I log in, it only displays one of them (it doesn\'t display create new character either).

This wouldn\'t frustrate me if the join button appeared like it used to. Oh, also if it affected those other people playing, then I\'d be happier :)

Fleeb

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
Still out...
« Reply #24 on: December 05, 2005, 06:05:10 am »
I\'ve tried a few times now without success, to include this morning.  For me, the problem is not random, but easily reproducable.

I\'m actually impressed that a community decided to create an open sourced game along these lines.  I don\'t mind the rough edges at the moment, understanding the effort involved in something of this magnitude.

But, yeah, I doubt many people will be as accomodating as I am.  I left my bittorrent of the file running all night, but it seems very few people continued to download it. I don\'t know if that\'s just because of timing, though.

In any event, I look forward to being able to try the game sometime.

Thump553

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #25 on: December 05, 2005, 10:42:16 am »
Same problem as Fleeb, and as the other bunch of people who posted last April.  Planeshift sounds like a great concept, but having trouble getting in.  The \"Next\" button makes a click sound, but nothing further.

stfrn

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • the beaver ex-dev :B
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #26 on: December 05, 2005, 03:36:33 pm »
The server was restarted, and character creation works again. We will look into why the server was not responding to just creation messages, but this might happen again before we can fix it.
player -> gm -> dev -> bum

rhith

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #27 on: December 05, 2005, 04:03:13 pm »
now i can click next the first time, but on the screen where i\'m supposed to select my parents\' jobs and religion, there\'s nothing available to select in the scroll down box and so i can\'t proceed.  is this a general problem, or am i missing a linux package to make the writing appear?

Xanth

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
Works
« Reply #28 on: December 05, 2005, 07:15:34 pm »
Works now! yay! Tried the game, didnt care for it. Sorry guys, but good forums. I\'ll come back to the game in 6 months or so.

nprz

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #29 on: December 05, 2005, 10:08:19 pm »
Ok, half of my problem is fixed. I thought they were the same problem but apparently not.
Maybe my account\'s data got damaged because it only send information about 1 of my players and then stops. It seems like the client is still waiting for the rest of the server data to be sent (which is why the join button doesn\'t appear and why the other character and \"create new character\" also don\'t appear).

Account: prziborowski@gmail.com