Author Topic: Friday Night HAGS  (Read 2283 times)

Mordaan

• Developers
  • Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
Re: Friday Night HAGS
« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2006, 10:44:52 pm »
The previous page looks barely touched but in a feeble attempt to maintain interest, Mordaan adds yet another page to the poster.

Ok, this past Friday we only had two games.  The first was played in Hydlaa and won by Gharan.  The second was a rather long game in the death realm and won by Yorik.  You people are starting to get really good and finding good spots.  We never did find Yorik, and quite frankly I haven't seen him since.   ;D  Lanarel gets an honorable mention because although we spotted him on the citadel roof, none of us could get there.

Join us once again next week.
--Overseer, Explorers Guild.

Lanarel

• Testers
  • Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 28, 2006, 04:46:33 am »
I did have great fun again, and the last game could have gone on for much longer. But at about 3:30 am I decided to step into view and yell at you :). It had taken long enough anyway, and I was running out of beer :). Yorik deserved to win though. Some of you did guess that I might be up there, and you were not even close to finding Yorik  ;).
To speed up the game, it might help to exclude places where you cannot get back from without dying, even if you can get there relatively save. Trying to get back down I found that I could not get back on the spine (I jumped down from it to get on the rock), so I had to jump to my death, and I know Yorik might have problems walking back too.

Hope to be there a next time.

VMann

• Hydlaa Resident
  • Bananerama
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 28, 2006, 06:14:34 am »
Hmmm, as far as i know there were such rules.....
Maybe the rules should be told at the start of every HAGS session, explicit and detailed, just to make sure everybody knows
Tester first, Player second

Karyuu

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 28, 2006, 12:46:22 pm »
Right, we should make shortcuts for these things :}

The rules are stated every time, still.
Judge: Are you trying to show contempt for this court, Mr Smith?
Smith: No, My Lord. I am attempting to conceal it.

Mordaan

• Developers
  • Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 28, 2006, 03:40:25 pm »
True, sometimes we are so busy organizing and recruiting new members its hard to make sure everything gets stated at the start.  But yeah, good idea with the shortcuts.

Lanarel

• Testers
  • Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 28, 2006, 05:09:37 pm »
The reason I suggested to add the "no /die to get back" rule, is that according to the rules at the begining of this thread, and as stated before a previous game I attended, going to the top if the citadel would be allowed (or at least that was what I thought, relating the /unstick to the glitching):
Here are the rules:
......part deleted.....
-   No glitching or GM powers to get to places one cannot normally get to (or simply put, no hiding in places which require an /unstick to get out of).
With one jump to and some on the skeleton, it is a simple walk to the roof of the citadel. And it is difficult to get information on whether your location is allowed, without telling where you are, especially if that place was mentioned already, and I expected Mordaan as an explorer to be able to just walk there and check :).
Another advice: make clear who is the boss. When Mordaan suggested to stop and go play in another place, some said OK, I was prepared to climb down, but others wanted to search on. With the result that I stayed hidden a bit longer, and some others left the game. If Mordaan had just clearly ended the game, it would not have been longer than the previous one. It now even took 15 minutes after I came out of hiding to decide to go somewhere else :)

Next time I wil just hide in the open again :)

Mordaan

• Developers
  • Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 05, 2006, 09:55:22 am »
This past week we only had one game.  It was won by Alliva.  Nice job!

Our attention was then turned to the battle between Dwarvesbane and Dwarven Star.   It was a fierce battle that had many standing on the sidelines of the forest path, riveted.  Methinks there were some serious magic-potion combos going on there...I saw hits of over 400!   :o

Mordaan

• Developers
  • Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 10, 2006, 10:57:46 am »
This week's contest saw two games, both in Hydlaa.  The winners were
Baristie
Alliva

Well done!  I won't be here next week [work  :(]  but hopefully the games will go on.  Be at the Hydlaa Plaza near Harnquist Fridays around 2200 GMT if interested.

Nilrem

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 29, 2006, 09:41:07 am »
( I've been reading some of the threads insise "in-game roleplay events" and I'm seeing a bit of chaos here and there. The events are meant to be things that happened (or are going to happen) in game, and that are IC.

While I can see that, ic, a group decides to have some fun, and invites other people to a game of hide and seek to share the fun and all... yes, that can be IC. But then it comes the scenario, when the crowd moves to the Death Realm to keep playing the game. In my opinion, there the IC basement is broken. Just imagine you're playing the hide and seek and you look around and say... well... I'm really tired of this landscape, why not try something different? While lots would agree, certainly the destination of choice wouldn't be the Death Realm.

My suggestion would be to remove that placement from the hide and seek game, if it really is meant to be an IC event.

Mind you, I would have no problems in it being an OOC event, just for the players fun of exploring areas, and having a good time trying to guess where other people has hided their chars. It sounds like fun, and I probably would have some fun with it too. But then, either a new forum has to be created to hold events made by players but really just for the fun of it, and not for any IC basement, or in the rules of the hide and seek itself it should be clarified that is all OOC and for the fun of the players, that are experimenting another approach to the game.

I do hope noone gets offended by this, as I'm not attacking the concept, nor the intentions of having fun of the players that had this initiative, I merely try to point out that, certain things cannot be stated as IC. Death Realm isn't precisely the place you go to play hide and seek.

Regards, and keep the fun going. )
Are there any MoonSeekers left?