Author Topic: [OOC] Community Story For All To Join Comments  (Read 9597 times)

ou8i8uo

• Hydlaa Resident
  • =^.^=
    • View Profile
Re: [OOC] Community Story For All To Join Comments
« Reply #30 on: June 28, 2006, 08:28:48 pm »
Siteri, we all have to be forgiving in the areas of continuity so just jump in where you are comfortable.
As for the IRC channel, that is a good way to communicate. Although we have the thread here, and #planeshift in IRC .... so far those are the tools I have been using.
These boards aren't much good for talking to each other in realtime. It's hard enough just keeping up with the story thread.
And a channel just for the story would be more focused on the story rather than general chat I would think.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2006, 08:37:25 pm by ou8i8uo »

zorbels

• Forum Addict
  • Screenshot Queen of PS - EX GM - Strawberries <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 28, 2006, 08:38:36 pm »
zorbels, i have done this meeting and headcount thing. if you read my last post it tells everyone to meet at the cart and so anyone who would like to keep on going with this tale should get to the cart.

:) You assume I have read your post. I haven't, so I don't know that yet. I will get around to it tomorrow or later tonight as I am going to do some RL at the moment.

@Farren: read the very first post in this thread and you will find out where karyuu is. Then I will give you a cookie.

@ou8i8uo: That is fine. I never said that it wasn't a good idea. I mentioned I was in IRC #planeshift, so I have had discussions with people about the story in there. Real time is much easier, but not everyone uses IRC. 

@Everyone: The story isn't going any where. It will be here tomorrow and the day after that and after that. So I think slowing down on the posting and leaving room for newcomers would be best. Then maybe they won't feel like they cannot join because the story is moving to fast. Just a suggestion.
   I've been outside, it's overrated and the graphics suck!

LARAGORN

• Veteran
  • Facts dont cease to exist because they are ignored
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 28, 2006, 08:45:58 pm »
@Everyone: The story isn't going any where. It will be here tomorrow and the day after that and after that. So I think slowing down on the posting and leaving room for newcomers would be best. Then maybe they won't feel like they cannot join because the story is moving to fast. Just a suggestion.

Great Idea. anyone who wishes to join has the time to read everything and work themselves in.

@Farren Im sure some of us healers will get to ya soon. and I guess i did heal kinda quick from a lifless body to a refreshed happy guy. lol
« Last Edit: June 28, 2006, 08:48:36 pm by LARAGORN »

All great truthes begin as blasphemies- SHAW
Adraax KCP Adraax Forum

Xylaal

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 28, 2006, 08:52:40 pm »
Sounds like a plan...I'm going to hold off for a bit.

...sorry Xylaal only healed you halfway Farren  ::) ...you're lucky she didn't turn anyone into a toad or worse... he he  :lol:

[after all..Laragorn had the three of us working together to heal him]
« Last Edit: June 28, 2006, 08:54:14 pm by Xylaal »

zhai

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 28, 2006, 10:06:41 pm »
yeah, i guess not being able to go on ps makes us all eager to rp somewhere... but, hey, when you got 11+ ulbers coming out of nowhere ( :whistling: ) you gotta be fast ;D.

zhai
:: The Flaming Feather :: Lady of the Rangers ::

Farren Kutter

• Veteran
  • Death is only the beginning. Then true life begins
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 28, 2006, 11:00:29 pm »
Hey guys, i registered the channel and set it up with the help of kanalal and Verenathuu on IRC. so it will still be there tomorrow

time for bed, Farren is unconscious again if someone wants to mention it in their next post
« Last Edit: June 28, 2006, 11:18:45 pm by Farren Kutter »

Spetyco

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 29, 2006, 07:04:18 am »
Hey guys.  I've loved the story so far so I hope you don't mind that I jump in.  I'm new around here, just downloaded PlaneShift this week to find out the server is down.  I've been through the guide and I've been browsing the forum and I"m pretty excited to get into the real thing ASAP.  I thought this would be a way for me to get involved until the server's back up.
So since I'm a n00b I thought for now my character is a young clumsy human.  So I've fallen into some kind of underground cave, and there's something down there, but I'm not familiar enough with the game to know what, so feel free to help me out by giving me an idea of what might be down there, or pull me out before I find out, it's up to you.
Thanks for letting me join the party!
We can fix this, but you're gonna need a butter knife, a roll of duct tape, and a car battery.

ou8i8uo

• Hydlaa Resident
  • =^.^=
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 29, 2006, 07:24:17 am »
Not at all, in fact, we welcome you!

Myrthe

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 29, 2006, 07:46:40 am »
zorbels, i have done this meeting and headcount thing. if you read my last post it tells everyone to meet at the cart and so anyone who would like to keep on going with this tale should get to the cart.

:) You assume I have read your post. I haven't, so I don't know that yet. I will get around to it tomorrow or later tonight as I am going to do some RL at the moment.

@Farren: read the very first post in this thread and you will find out where karyuu is. Then I will give you a cookie.

@ou8i8uo: That is fine. I never said that it wasn't a good idea. I mentioned I was in IRC #planeshift, so I have had discussions with people about the story in there. Real time is much easier, but not everyone uses IRC.

o sry zorbels  :)

zorbels

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 29, 2006, 10:28:50 am »
Welcome aboard Spetyco, the more the marrier! I thought maybe since you are in a cave it could be a gobble. In the game they dwell in the sewers, so your setting seems perfect for this creature.

@Myrthe: No worries.  :)

[Edit] I was just re reading the story thread, and I have to say I am shocked that in two days the thread has grown to nine pages. :o Now we are on day three. I am really enjoying the story and posting in it. Thank you all for making this possible and fun!
« Last Edit: June 29, 2006, 12:08:15 pm by zorbels »

Spetyco

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 29, 2006, 01:18:58 pm »
Hey guys, thanks for coming to my rescue.  I've got to go for awhile in rl, so pull me out of the hole and set me aside somewhere.  I'll be back later.  And I promise not to be so much trouble in the future;)
Thanks
« Last Edit: June 29, 2006, 01:21:56 pm by Spetyco »
We can fix this, but you're gonna need a butter knife, a roll of duct tape, and a car battery.

LARAGORN

• Veteran
  • Facts dont cease to exist because they are ignored
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 29, 2006, 03:08:03 pm »
Zorbels just gave me an idea.
If you have an idea but need time to write it out simply post "PAUSE" when you are finnished edit your post with what you have come up with.

This may allow others to get a word in :)

*Laragorn shuts up for a while :X

All great truthes begin as blasphemies- SHAW
Adraax KCP Adraax Forum

zorbels

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 29, 2006, 03:20:04 pm »
 :) That has potential and could work, if people would take the time to read it and resist from posting.

Easton

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 29, 2006, 03:26:43 pm »
il do that from now on..

:o

everyone stop being heros, im moving the story out of the cave, whether you like it or not

:o
"Thats pretending, not RPing"
-Hadfael

Spetyco

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 29, 2006, 03:28:44 pm »
Hey, I'm all for that.  I just wanted to be pulled out quickly.