Author Topic: Clothing Options  (Read 6211 times)

steuben

• Veteran
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Re: Clothing Options
« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2006, 10:27:59 am »
we'll have that option soon(tm)
may laanx frighten the shadow from my path.
hardly because the shadow built the lexx.
the shadow will frighten laanx from my path.

zanzibar

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 04, 2006, 03:02:19 pm »
we'll have that option soon(tm)

Really?  I thought that it was more of a "sometime down the road" deal, but is it really a "soon"?

Anyway, variable clothing meshes have been talked about and requested in the past... I probably have one floating around from over a year ago.  I think they would be awesome, especially cloaks with hoods!  It's difficult though, because the devs need to make the models for each article of clothing and they're a bit shorthanded in that department.  At least, that's my understanding...
Quote from: Raa
Immaturity is FTW.

DaveG

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 04, 2006, 04:07:02 pm »
If you call armor clothing we have it "now".  :P  We'd like to add some purely aesthetic items sometime, after we have the full set of armors.  That's an "eventually"...

::  PlaneShift Team Programmer  ::

zorbels

• Forum Addict
  • Screenshot Queen of PS - EX GM - Strawberries <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 04, 2006, 04:33:18 pm »
I think they would be awesome, especially cloaks with hoods!

*Zorbels drools* That would be really awesome. Actually it would be great to have a pick of different clothing, such as different styled shirts, pants,  skirts (Long ones especially). To know that you could have your pick and look different from others would be neat. I know, I know, that would be a huge work load and lots of time, but one can dream.

@ any dev who can answer: One question, will the armor always be the same color? Or are there plans in the future to have the different races in different colors?
   I've been outside, it's overrated and the graphics suck!

DaveG

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 04, 2006, 05:34:42 pm »
Well, we'd like to get some sort of overlays system so we could mix textures together to make more armor variations easier.  Ex:  shiny chainmail, rusty chainmail, and various colors and versions

zorbels

• Forum Addict
  • Screenshot Queen of PS - EX GM - Strawberries <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 04, 2006, 05:40:32 pm »
Thanks DaveG. It sounds promising. I bet it isn't easy though. Well I look forward to these new armor's when they become focused on. :woot: Maybe we can even have a fashion show!

*DaveG smites Zorbels *  X-/
   I've been outside, it's overrated and the graphics suck!

Anne Ominous

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 04, 2006, 05:42:00 pm »
one day it could even be fun to be political characters t wear the fanciest clothes & jewels & bling...

Gyerfry Stoemsaber

• Hydlaa Resident
  • I crave pencil flavoured muffins
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 23, 2006, 04:07:08 pm »
Plus this would meen more people can be more different, and can express their chars more, and the game will be more realistic if people look differen then other people. PLUS some guilds can have different clothing to symbolize the guild, or people can wear different clothing to symbolise their RP job... That would ROCK! And you could add some funny clothes so people can look like complete fools, even though you can do thet by making mixed up sets of clothes, why not make them more idiotic? Example: Jester hat/ costume, or maybe a DUCK costume.... Seeing someone as a duck would crack me up.

heres my ideas for Everyday clothing sets:
Peasent {Peasont pants, boots, gloves, torso, arms)
Upper class (Like peasent only fancier and looks cleaner)
Royalty (You can guess)

Heres my ideas for different job sets:

Chef (Chef's hat, white apron, everything else can be anythin)
Politition, octarch, ect (Upper class clothing I guess)
Blacksmith (Brown apron, everything else can be anything, You'd probobly need a hammer to make thislook real)

zanzibar

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 23, 2006, 06:34:08 pm »
Reasons not to have a DUCK costume:

1.  There are no ducks in Planeshift.
2.  This is Planeshift, not Gaiaonline.
Quote from: Raa
Immaturity is FTW.

DaveG

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 23, 2006, 08:26:55 pm »
I'm going to have to agree with Zanz on this one... First dev to try to implement a duck costume gets stabbed in the face.

DaveG

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 24, 2006, 04:31:45 am »
Editted.  There was some junk stuff between this and my last post that was deleted.

Now... anyone actually have anything on-topic?  :P

My thoughts on clothing:
I'd like to have a 3 layer system.  Armor, clothing, equipment.  Example, someone could wear leather armor, with customized clothing on over it, possibly with a backpack or utility belt or something on top.  If we could create a fancy texture layering system, we could have a full tailor mode.  Players could pick from any colors, lists of patterns, and material types to fully customize their clothing and some equipment.  Right now, everyone looks exactly the same.  I'd eventually like to have things like this to individualize characters.  Not only would it be a nice addition of variety, but it'd make simply telling people appart much easier.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2006, 09:59:01 am by DaveG »

miadon

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 24, 2006, 02:58:54 pm »
Well it would all come down to the tailoring skill in the end. As players who wanted fancy clothes would have to ask tailors to make them something, i would guess that tailors could then sew "pieces"  of cloth together to make something. So a tailor may buy different kinds of fabic, cut different colour arm pieces, use different buttons. use different cloth for the main body of the item and the end result would be a shirt of some form.

Did that make sence :s
- MiadonCam (Refresh page to see live in game Miadon Action!!)

Pestilence

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 24, 2006, 07:20:31 pm »
strange question perhaps but why would you wear clothing OVER the armor?

I would think people would be clothed when putting on leather armor. People useally don't like the armor on their skin.

Anyhow would really love clothing. That would really add an element to the roleplay and should definately be a priority. Although I will personally hand DaveG the knife if they make a ducksuit ;)

Kymizer

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 24, 2006, 07:40:11 pm »
strange question perhaps but why would you wear clothing OVER the armor?

i don't think leather likes to get wet, so if its raining...i wouldn't mind having a cloak over me, and if i'm ambushed, i wouldn't like to dig out my leather armor and put it on while i'm fending off attacks :D
Kyzer
The Blue Dragons Clan
The Dragon Council

DaveG is the greatest...
Quote from: DaveG
Dude, you have issues...

Kalika

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 25, 2006, 08:20:00 pm »
i jsut want something to look pretty in

:love: :flowers:

'she lies with her arms flung out as if to embrace the whole hyancinth-scented, watermelon-colored world.'