Author Topic: Creating your Guild  (Read 6511 times)

Rioth

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
    • The Dragon Council
Re: Creating your Guild
« Reply #15 on: December 16, 2006, 05:33:18 pm »
Using the MOTD isn't a too good idea since you can't put too much into it. Rather try your luck with the Public and Private Notes since those exist for every members.
Burning anger gets you do a howling riot...
~ Dragon Lord of The Dragon Council
Rioth

Karyuu

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 16, 2006, 05:34:52 pm »
A site is not necessary, and the Guilds page on the main website is outdated and should not be referred to. A website is handy because it replaces what you would use in real life - a headquarters, a library, documents, etc. If you don't want to have this around, that's just fine. A lot of people appreciate it though.
Judge: Are you trying to show contempt for this court, Mr Smith?
Smith: No, My Lord. I am attempting to conceal it.

Datruth

• Hydlaa Notable
  • "You can't Squeeze Blood from a stone."
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 17, 2006, 03:34:51 am »
A forum... is much more important than a site.

So if you don't have the time to make a site... don't worry about it.

Just focus on forums, that is a must in PS.

~~Datruth
Truth To Disbelief

Quote from: svuun
I adopt Karyuu.  She might not be new but her skin is so supple, soft and n00b like....  :sweatdrop:

Socius Rockus

• Hydlaa Notable
  • Wibble myself: 17years I was gone, give or take
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 17, 2006, 07:52:25 am »
 \\o// Thanks for the quick comments.
Using the MOTD isn't a too good idea since you can't put too much into it. Rather try your luck with the Public and Private Notes since those exist for every members.
Rioth  ::| I didn't even thought of that  8) That will really help me  :flowers:
A website is handy because it replaces what you would use in real life - a headquarters, a library, documents, etc. If you don't want to have this around, that's just fine.
;) That's a bit the point, we don't need a headquarters, a library, documents, etc.
Just focus on forums, that is a must in PS.
~~Datruth
:sweatdrop: hehe, I don't think you know my knowledge about the internet, on a scale from 0 till 10 it's a -10 :P
But I'll try and get some more info about that  ;) Never give up, never surrender! But if I find out it's Waaaaay too hard then we just don't have a forum. Maybe later on when we recruit an person who can, But I'm not going to look for people who can do that and recruit them just for that reason ::)

:thumbup: Thank you all for sharing your thoughts on this
PĂ©ace out!
^^

Sangwa

• Forum Addict
  • Chars: Morwen and Gartheiz
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 29, 2006, 07:04:28 pm »
www.forumer.com

It's quite easy. Just follow the instruction. When you get your forum, log in, scroll down until you see a "Go to Administration Panel" link and click it. Once you're there, it's pretty easy to make things out. The information is accessible and you'll be sure of what you're doing.

If you have any troubles about setting permissions, etc, either check a tutorial or PM me for help. I'll do my best.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2006, 07:06:58 pm by Sangwa »
Disclaimer: This is my opinion and I can be reasoned with. I'm probably right, though.

Join the Dark Empire!

Jurrel

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 17, 2007, 01:18:15 pm »
 Hello all!!! I was wondering if I could post my guild and set up Forum before I started a new guild?

Karyuu

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 17, 2007, 02:32:33 pm »
Hiya Jurrel :]

You are most free to make a thread (and forum) on your guild concept before it's actually created in-game. That way, you'll really have the chance to incorporate the good tips and constructive criticism you might get right from the start.

Jurrel

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 17, 2007, 02:48:05 pm »
  thank you Karyuu you are so cool!!! \\o// I hope you like what you see. We have worked real hard and have built we hope a strong and helpful guild of friends. Thank you I wanted to make sure that we had everything in place.

Parallo

• Forum Addict
  • ꞆĂ­ꞃ Luıᵹ̇ꝺeaċ
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 17, 2007, 02:52:01 pm »
Its refreshing to see such a nice attitude. I wish you look and look forward to seeing it.
I suggest the statue of Laanx gets turned into a statue of Parallo <3. An NPC could never replace the huge hole he left in my heart when he died  :'(

Karyuu

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 17, 2007, 03:24:49 pm »
Jurrel, you might want to wait until your guild is created before putting it into the stickied 'Guild List'. The "contact" part should include your email address, website, or forum address.

Jurrel

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 17, 2007, 04:00:41 pm »
 Thank you Im still new at this. Thats why I ve been asking so many questions. It is ok for me to put guild story in correct? ;)
If so were do I post story in normal topics under guilds forum? Thank you agian for being so understanding.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2007, 04:14:51 pm by Jurrel »

Karyuu

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 17, 2007, 04:52:57 pm »
A thread about your guild would go into this forum section :] It would generally include your guild story (or history), your ranks and rank details, rules, and anything else you think others should know.

Jurrel

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 17, 2007, 10:33:57 pm »
   Karyuu the beautiful! Did you happen to see my post? I would very much appriciate any help you can offer. I am very excited this is the first time I did anything like Planeshift. I hadn't even chated before so bear with me. Shambla is the one whom I am setting the guild up for. He is a good friend and my game mentor. We have quite the followinng so it is time we went on our own. Please help me build a good strong guild of friends. And thank you for all you do. Be well and happy!

Eleirit Kcelmien

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 23, 2016, 07:14:39 pm »
thank you it helped with the Culture Keepers