Author Topic: Skills that can/cannot be trained  (Read 19001 times)

Xylaal

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
Re: Skills that can/cannot be trained
« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2006, 11:10:26 pm »
I've found; Blacksmithing points rise after heating or superheating metals - metalurgy points rise, of course, with smelting ores into molten ore and casting into stock or ingots.

bugsbabe

« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2006, 01:08:13 pm »
Light Armour can be trained but cannot be used for repairing armour yet. Think maybe there should be a seperate list for stuff that can be trained and used. Just an idea.

Karyuu

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2006, 01:15:09 pm »
Light Armor has nothing to do with repairing armor. That's what the "Repair Armor" skill is for :) Besides, this list already includes skills that can be trained and used.
Judge: Are you trying to show contempt for this court, Mr Smith?
Smith: No, My Lord. I am attempting to conceal it.

Xoraxa

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 25, 2006, 08:52:22 pm »
shield handling can be trained (I have a green bar now),
but not be practiced - no experience points for that.

I think you should put an * there.

The Wandering Djinn

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 25, 2006, 09:15:36 pm »

Can an Armor Repair Kit purchased from either Harnquist or Trasok be used to repair a Shield whose Quality is below 50.0/50 ...?

Try equipping the Shield in Right hand and then in Left hand to see if Armor Repair Kits work on Shields.... I've seen Shields equipped in both hands at once [Unar, for example]

- running PlaneShift Mac OS X Tiger (10.4.11) Client, on an Apple iMac G5 2GHz PowerPC processor, 2GB DDR SDRAM, an ATI Radeon 9600 graphics card with 128MB VRAM, a 20-inch active-matrix LCD widescreen display, and a 250GB Serial ATA hard drive... so what's your excuse, huh?

Kalika

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 28, 2006, 11:14:01 pm »
how do you train lockpicking, i didnt even know there were any locks TO pick  ???

'she lies with her arms flung out as if to embrace the whole hyancinth-scented, watermelon-colored world.'

neko kyouran

« Reply #21 on: November 29, 2006, 12:20:46 am »
The only spot I know of in game where a lock can be picked, is a chest in the npc room. 

Idoru

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 29, 2006, 05:20:23 am »
i didnt even know there were any locks TO pick 

As far as us humble players are concerned, there arn't any  :'(

"May there only be peaceful and cheerful Earth Days to come for our beautiful Spaceship Earth as it continues to spin and circle in frigid space with its warm and fragile cargo of animate life."

fushuugi

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 25, 2007, 06:31:56 pm »
Is there an ETA for work skills such as leatherworking or gemcutting? Or combat skills such as healing?

neko kyouran

« Reply #24 on: January 25, 2007, 06:34:53 pm »
Soon(tm)

Theelk

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 30, 2007, 08:27:18 am »
I think this is a really useful thread, is there any chance it can be put with the important topics and kept at the top of the page?

Televangelist

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 10, 2007, 12:29:01 am »
Could you stop allowing us to create characters with skills that don't work?

When I downloaded the game a bit ago, I made a character completely based around stealth and cartography.  Looking at this list, I now understand why I couldn't do anything.

I'm fine with playing an alpha release and recognizing that it's an alpha release, but you're wasting your testers if you don't make it clear what's broken and what isn't.  Somebody just downloading the game and firing it up won't give you any useful testing data or feedback that way.

neko kyouran

« Reply #27 on: February 10, 2007, 12:36:10 am »
This thread is linked in the Gameplay FAQ, that you are supposed to read.   :whistling:

http://hydlaa.com/smf/index.php?topic=21677.0

Televangelist

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 10, 2007, 12:52:25 am »
A gameplay FAQ posted on a forum is an incredibly poor substitute for ingame reporting tools and status updates, notes ingame on what's broken and what isn't, etc.  I've participated in plenty of betas and a handful of alphas, this is not hard.

Heck, look at the collaborative nature of this thread - the fact that this isn't all put together in an official changelog is telling.

The issue isn't that the game is in alpha, the issue is that the information collection and aggregation processes appear poorly run, assuming the devs truly hope to make good use of their testers.

pedenel

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 10, 2007, 02:26:08 am »
You do realize this entire project is being done by unpaid volunteers right?

While I appreciate your frustration, to come in here 1 day after joining and slanging the dev team is in pretty bad taste IMO.

Got an issue and think you can help? Step up and volunteer your time, otherwise, be a little bit more civil and constructive in your criticisms.