Author Topic: -0.$ Mana  (Read 359 times)

Ahriman

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
-0.$ Mana
« on: November 03, 2006, 08:02:58 pm »
I just made a new Kran, with a willpower of 39 and intelligence of 27 since I dont plan to use magic much, and my mana bar reads blank and -0.$ mana? WTF?

bilbous

Re: -0.$ Mana
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2006, 09:07:32 pm »
Is your charisma also extremely low? It may be that the three stats are such that you do not qualify for mana points. Alternatively you may be affected by the evil mana bug but it is supposed to be fixed. If you raise your stats you may gain mana.

If that is exactly what your mp says there is definitely something wrong. I couldn't say what.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2006, 09:10:48 pm by bilbous »

Ahriman

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2006, 09:25:01 pm »
Yep. My charisma is 42. But why does it read -0.$? :)

neko kyouran

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2006, 09:33:14 pm »
This is just me taking a stab here, since I don't have the code to look at to make sure, buuuutttt.....

It more than likely reads that since that is the "number" that returns after the code does it's little equation of the characters stats.  This "number" then gets output to your client, which then displays it.

The fix would be to have a check in the equation, that if the character's stats are low enough to cause the player to have less than 0 mana points, then it would just give them 0 as thier mana.  Maybe it does this already, but I don't have the code so I can't check.

Or it could be some other bug that cuased it to have an odd man glitch thingy.

zanzibar

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2006, 03:00:54 am »
I just made a new Kran, with a willpower of 39 and intelligence of 27 since I dont plan to use magic much, and my mana bar reads blank and -0.$ mana? WTF?

It means you don't have any mana.
Quote from: Raa
Immaturity is FTW.