Author Topic: /die <message>  (Read 2184 times)

zanzibar

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
Re: /die <message>
« Reply #30 on: November 26, 2006, 09:00:35 pm »
* zanzibar has mastered the jedi mind trick.
Quote from: Raa
Immaturity is FTW.

Datruth

• Hydlaa Notable
  • "You can't Squeeze Blood from a stone."
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 27, 2006, 04:29:52 am »
Yay it's been Changed!!!! :thumbup:
Truth To Disbelief

Quote from: svuun
I adopt Karyuu.  She might not be new but her skin is so supple, soft and n00b like....  :sweatdrop:

Peacer

• Veteran
  • I've got balls of steel
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 27, 2006, 05:14:41 am »
Message changed from "[NAME] has killed himself" to "[NAME] has died!" by Xordan. Three cheers! The change will be seen with a future client update.

[joke]Now it's easier to fool noobs, they can't see in the system tab that they killed themself anymore they actually have to think

and zanzibar you don't think you did it I made you think you thought you did it
The Guardians of Power

left the game, looking in now and then to check progress, if you want to contact me use the email attached to the msn contact on this forum account

Nyramael

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 27, 2006, 08:19:53 am »
just for the fun of it

Quote from: CVS
*** 2006-11-27 by Michael Gist
- Changed the death message broadcast when killing yourself.
  Players can better specify circumstance in RP with /me and /my.

Under the moon

• Forum Addict
  • Writer extraordinaire.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 28, 2006, 08:08:59 pm »
*bows to Xordan*

It is nice to see my original idea has taken root. Someday, perhaps, the additional message option will find its way in as well. :)

Hey, this is a wishlist after all. *grins, then ponders what Zanzibar used the mind trick to do*
« Last Edit: November 28, 2006, 08:13:26 pm by Under the moon »

zanzibar

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 28, 2006, 08:48:56 pm »
Hey, this is a wishlist after all. *grins, then ponders what Zanzibar used the mind trick to do*

Here's something simpler.

Change it so that the /die message reads "Moony has died." instead of "Moony has killed himself.".  Won't that work better?

mhm
Immaturity is FTW.

Under the moon

• Forum Addict
  • Writer extraordinaire.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 28, 2006, 09:13:26 pm »
* Under the moon just smiles and quotes his post that started this thread.

While talking to some folks about replacing the text with a simple "has died", a better solution was suggested.

The key to manipulative bargaining is to ask for something twice as big as what you want, then smile and nod when you are talked down to your original wish. You are still young, my apprentice, and have much to learn in the ways of the force.

Xordan

• Crystal Space Developer
  • Forum Addict
  • For God and the Empire
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 28, 2006, 09:15:53 pm »
<.< The other key is getting someone to poke me to make such a small change. I haven't read the first page of the thread, or most of the second :P

Karyuu

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 28, 2006, 09:17:37 pm »
While talking to some folks about replacing the text with a simple "has died", a better solution was suggested.

I don't really understand what difference it would make. If you can already use a /me or /my before /die, what other benefit is there?
Judge: Are you trying to show contempt for this court, Mr Smith?
Smith: No, My Lord. I am attempting to conceal it.

zanzibar

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 28, 2006, 09:46:31 pm »
<.< The other key is getting someone to poke me to make such a small change. I haven't read the first page of the thread, or most of the second :P

<3
Immaturity is FTW.

neko kyouran

« Reply #40 on: November 28, 2006, 11:02:45 pm »
 :offtopic: I know, but I couldn't resist.

Karyuu has Xordan:  a linky

:innocent:

Datruth

• Hydlaa Notable
  • "You can't Squeeze Blood from a stone."
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 29, 2006, 05:11:04 am »
JUST IN CASE, you are still against this change, here's food for thought:

So what benifit was there to change, "Peacer has killed himself" to "Peacer has Died", the benifit is just that, if you have not killed yourself than there will be a conflict with your Roleplaying.

When people go to die, regardless of the reason, and a person because of his Roleplaying needs to die, The game AUTOMATICALLY assumes, the person has killed himself.

This is a CLEAR error on the part of the game which messes up the flow of our gamplay and roleplay.

Rather, What Xordan has now done is changed it so that the message is NEUTRAL and that people may Roleplay the reason they died beforehand and then when it's time to go, all the system tab does is say that this person has died.

It's quite consistant now, and any contradictions that have occured before are fixed now.

~~Datruth
Truth To Disbelief

Quote from: svuun
I adopt Karyuu.  She might not be new but her skin is so supple, soft and n00b like....  :sweatdrop:

Nyramael

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 29, 2006, 07:01:44 am »
according to the CVS log i quoted the next system to be implemented would have something like /die giving "Nyramael has died" and you could also do something like /die /me drinks the poisoned wine and collapses in fits to the ground with blood oozing out of his mouth in sync with the die motion - the system would show "Nyramael drinks the poisoned wine and collapses in fits to the ground with blood oozing out of his mouth" as the character dies.

I suppose the old system would have worked with a seperate /me or /my if the silly /die message wasn't broadcast…

Karyuu

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 29, 2006, 12:23:52 pm »
Why are things being repeated..?

Anyway, Nyramael: I don't think [/die /me] will be possible with the changes Xordan made. However, you can type out your long death description, click on a /die shortcut, and then hit Enter to submit your /me at roughly the same time. No big deal.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2006, 12:26:36 pm by Karyuu »
Judge: Are you trying to show contempt for this court, Mr Smith?
Smith: No, My Lord. I am attempting to conceal it.