Author Topic: opinions about our kitty.  (Read 2310 times)

zanzibar

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
Re: opinions about our kitty.
« Reply #30 on: February 07, 2007, 05:47:02 pm »
Zanzi, in nearly every post you make you imply that I'm of an infinitely inferior wit and intellect to you.

It's merely a side effect.

I thought that Neko handled the flood of 'omg wtf' posts quite well, if a bit heavy-handedly.

This is exactly what I've been telling the people who have been asking me for my opinion.  I think his heavy handedness was appropriate for the situation.
Quote from: Raa
Immaturity is FTW.

Idoru

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 07, 2007, 05:49:59 pm »
We're supposed to be commenting on Neko.. or something...

Thank god some one finally said it, I can now comment on modding by Neko lol, prepare for a post delete lmao.

I have been seriously against Nekos aggressive topic editing from the very start, I raised my concerns with another mod, and with Neko himself. I have posted a single thread that got deleted and I can understand te reasons for this, but I assure you this is not a personal attack. Ive seen the number of post edits rocket since Neko became a Mod, When Karyuu was mainly doing it it was much more relaxed, she would defend the delicate minds of some of those players who visited here but would not edit (in what seems IMO) to see her name in others posts. She was diligent but not excessive.

Neko appears to remove some posts on what seems a personal agenda, I had a post edited, for example, that contained the word 'crap' now ive seen one today that i didnt notice had been edited. Now, that probably is a personal point but it bugged me lol seeing as 59 pages of posts contain that word (addmitedly some that say scrap but they are in the vast minority). Frankly I dont recall who edited that particular thread, but for the purposes of the complaining session I do hope it was Neko lol

Anyway, ive thought that Neko in general was too heavy handed and would be better off backing off a little from the constant editing of posts, hardly a day goes by when I dont see an edit because of something he doesnt agree with. at least karyuu's where mainly 'Stop bloody double posting' which were of course promptly ignored :P

Anyway, good luck to those who see this before its deleted ;)

[ Edited for language. --Karyuu ]
« Last Edit: February 25, 2007, 07:23:37 pm by Karyuu »

"May there only be peaceful and cheerful Earth Days to come for our beautiful Spaceship Earth as it continues to spin and circle in frigid space with its warm and fragile cargo of animate life."

emeraldfool

• Veteran
  • Irish (adj.): Cynical; morally bankrupt
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio (or at least what I've bothered to upload...)
« Reply #32 on: February 07, 2007, 05:56:26 pm »
That's funny, 'cause what Idoru just said could just have easily come out of my mouth...

In fact, I've said almost the exact same things in PMs and such...

zanzibar

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 07, 2007, 06:11:49 pm »
Idoru, I'm going to have to disagee.  Karyuu edits posts very often, and always with good reason.  I’ve yet to see Neko edit a post without justification.  And what's with you accusing a mod of having a "personal agenda"?  That's my job!

I don't see censoring curses as an indication that there's a personal agenda.  More likely, Neko is dealing with problems as he sees them.
Immaturity is FTW.

Idoru

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 07, 2007, 06:27:58 pm »
The personal agenda comment, even though I dont think I used the word agenda, was about the section of the post thatI mentioned the word 'crap' and I clearly admit that it may well be my personal agenda that raised that comment. Maybe being a foul mouthed liberal I find it hard to accept that others may find such vacant remarks offensive, that is possibly my personal failure.

Hmmm, I know karyuu edits posts 'fairly often' but I ave honestly never seen an edit, including the deletion of my hanging of sadam thread, that I could not see a relevant reason for. That was probaly my incorrect wording of the initial post.

That by the way, includes ANY of the edits she has made to Datruths posts, which as second in command of the guild that I am a member of should be protected by me, but I understand that she has an obligation to the wider community and the project as a whole.

\\o// for Karyuu ;)

"May there only be peaceful and cheerful Earth Days to come for our beautiful Spaceship Earth as it continues to spin and circle in frigid space with its warm and fragile cargo of animate life."

zanzibar

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 07, 2007, 06:30:32 pm »
Neko appears to remove some posts on what seems a personal agenda...

There you go.
Immaturity is FTW.

Idoru

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 07, 2007, 06:39:48 pm »
Nuts, I did say it lol, I also realise I said it in an incorrect context. I should not have followed that particular remark with my personal moaning, your point is accepted but il not edit my post so I can preserve the future context of the thread ;)

[ Edited for language. --Karyuu ]
« Last Edit: February 25, 2007, 07:23:21 pm by Karyuu »

neko kyouran

« Reply #37 on: February 07, 2007, 08:10:22 pm »
In my defense, it wasn't "crap", before I changed it.  I changed it TO "crap".  :flowers:

EDITorz!!!!!11one2:

http://hydlaa.com/smf/index.php?topic=27478.msg312358#msg312358

It wasn't me!   :o   :whistling:   :P
« Last Edit: February 07, 2007, 08:17:15 pm by neko kyouran »

bilbous

« Reply #38 on: February 08, 2007, 12:20:50 am »
I'm just wondering what the OP thinks about what she has wrought, pass the paddle Neko, unless It was mere subterfuge on your part...

Idoru

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 08, 2007, 06:53:24 am »
In my defense, it wasn't "crap", before I changed it.  I changed it TO "crap".  :flowers:

EDITorz!!!!!11one2:

http://hydlaa.com/smf/index.php?topic=27478.msg312358#msg312358

It wasn't me!   :o   :whistling:   :P

You sure that it wasnt crap originally? Im normally pretty careful with the language I use in an attempt to not offend people excessively.

OMG, I got edited lol, and I have no idea what it was I actually wrote at the beginning of that post  ???

Now it looks all wrong :(

emeraldfool

• Veteran
  • Irish (adj.): Cynical; morally bankrupt
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio (or at least what I've bothered to upload...)
« Reply #40 on: February 08, 2007, 08:22:28 am »

Oh yeah, well what about that time I made a comment about deer-hunting in that Endless Forest thread? That was edited out of my on-topic review, yet contained no profanities.

And I laughed out loud when I thought of that :P