Author Topic: I miss the sewers.  (Read 2765 times)

zanzibar

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
I miss the sewers.
« on: February 09, 2007, 01:01:23 am »
There are certain things about the game that cause me to reminisce to when I first started playing it.  One is being in Hydlaa with the music on, but the other is just being in the sewers.  It's weird.  You wouldn't think camping rats in an isolated room of the dungeon would be something to be sentimental about, but now those rooms are empty.  Even the tefusang valley is gone now.
Quote from: Raa
Immaturity is FTW.

Karyuu

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
Re: I miss the sewers.
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2007, 01:03:17 am »
The music is definitely a big thing for me. 99% of the time I have it off, and so when I switch it back an odd nostalgia creeps in.
Judge: Are you trying to show contempt for this court, Mr Smith?
Smith: No, My Lord. I am attempting to conceal it.

zanzibar

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2007, 01:09:34 am »
Nostalgia, that's the word I was looking for.
Immaturity is FTW.

neko kyouran

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2007, 01:29:47 am »
I miss rping with zorbels.  She was the first one that really got me into the whole RPing thing.  Otherwise I was just a tester. 

Blasted RL getting in the way.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2007, 01:51:13 am by neko kyouran »

Zan

• Veteran
  • Just a regular guy, with an irregular soul
    • View Profile
    • Photography
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2007, 02:08:52 am »
I miss roaming around Hydlaa, exploring and looking for all those hidden places like the top of the windowless tower or the way to get on the city walls, etc.
Zan Drithor, Member of the Vaalnor Council
Tyrnal Relhorn, Captain of the Vaalguard
Thromdir Shoake, Merchant
Giorn Kleaver, Miner.

Grayne Dholm, Follower of Dakkru

zanzibar

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2007, 02:27:58 am »
And Ojaveda was so exotic, and the dungeon was mysterious and creepy.... and Oja road was a long walk. :-D

I also miss how much simpler the weapons were, to be honest.  No it's hard to not think of weapons in terms of their stats unless I purposely underpower my character.  But before, all the numbers were invisible so weapons like silver falchions had this mystique to them.
Immaturity is FTW.

Sangwa

• Forum Addict
  • Chars: Morwen and Gartheiz
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2007, 02:52:35 am »
Hah! I don't miss anything. I have my music always turned off, I never roam the sewers and I roleplay with everyone around... Wait. I miss Setill. And the Temple chats. And the short road to Oja. And the simple DR. And... <.< >.> *runs away sobbing*
Disclaimer: This is my opinion and I can be reasoned with. I'm probably right, though.

Join the Dark Empire!

zanzibar

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2007, 03:07:11 am »
You've been in the same guild for five years though. :P
Immaturity is FTW.

dying_inside

« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2007, 03:18:39 am »
I remember the Mac bug which caused the indoor scenes to distort so dramatically and fragment into this weird blurred repeated image across the screen....
I dont miss it though...

And i remember camping the rats at the bottom of the sewers stairs.... My first tefusang...... 

Sangwa

• Forum Addict
  • Chars: Morwen and Gartheiz
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2007, 06:06:35 am »
Hehe, I haven't been in the Empire in all the five years of its existance. I started to participate after their first year passed. I've actually raised through the ranks until I became its head leader. Not a unique feat either, since Jjairr of the Felines Lair did the same thing with her guild, I believe.

And since we're on a nostalgia spree: I miss seeing people camping on spots to get diamonds, rubies and emeralds. That was fun. There were these dudes that wouldn't even stop and speak. They were hooked on crystal. xD
« Last Edit: February 09, 2007, 06:10:46 am by Sangwa »
Disclaimer: This is my opinion and I can be reasoned with. I'm probably right, though.

Join the Dark Empire!

neko kyouran

« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2007, 06:29:56 am »
yeah, crystals....

I don't miss those.

zanzibar

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2007, 06:39:47 am »
We had some of that when rubies were added to CB. I remember finding this one guy standing by a spawn.  Whenever a ruby appeared, he would pick it up fast as lightning.  Whenever I dropped a ruby near him, he would pick it up fast as lightning.  He wouldn't talk to me.  I gathered a group of people and we ran over to him.  After a few minutes of picking up rubies, he finally started talking to us.  No doubt he was very startled by us, having been deep in his trance.

I've been in a lot of guilds so I've seen a lot of people leave the game.
Immaturity is FTW.

lordraleigh

« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2007, 11:14:29 am »
I miss the very recent time when founding guilds costed 20,000 trias and you would have more time for roleplaying instead of wasting it mining gold. But most of what I miss is what still did not happen.

- I miss pterosaurs and ryunaaks(from the "You were a ryunaak Jockey" I guess they have the same function of RW horses).
- I miss masonry, Ranged Weapons and Lah'ar.
- I miss a political system and a balanced and realistic economy.
- I miss models for Xachas, female Dermorians among others.
- I miss an interesting and balanced combat system.
- I miss the day in the future when wipes will become obsolete and it will be possible to extend from roleplaying instead of trying to use inexistent or flawed skill systems to using the perfected game engine from the distant version 1.0 .
- I miss everything that is claimed to be coming soon(tm)
- Among other things that are coming not so soon.

Akaye

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • Thread head that loves Strawberries <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2007, 12:43:51 pm »
Quote from: neko kyouran
I miss rping with zorbels. 

Awww, well sorry about that.  :(
* Akaye blasts real life too.

What I miss is the gatherings that used to take place at Trepor Valley. We would hunt in groups and every so often you would see a newbie running from the ruins screaming help as an ulber chased him. Used to be fun to jump in and save the day. We would work as a group to slay the ulber because we would all be fairly low on stats. *sigh* Oh the good 'ol days.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2007, 12:45:27 pm by Akaye »
Zorbels: PS character
Links for Newbies:
Players Guide RP Guide PS Settings

daehaz

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 09, 2007, 02:52:02 pm »
I miss having a running client :( *sigh*