Author Topic: A new Visual c++ developer  (Read 2309 times)

Thund

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
A new Visual c++ developer
« on: February 23, 2007, 05:09:51 pm »
Hi Crystal team.

At first, please excuse me, my English is so bad but i'll try my best.

I'm a Spanish Visual C++ 6 developer and I'm interested in this proyect. I know DirectX 9c SDK and MFC, STL, ATL... libraries and I think I'm prepared for joinning a serious project like this.

My experience with C++ is short, I've been developing with Visual C++ 6.0 since last September, but I've learned so fast. Before I knew C++ I was developing with BlitzBasic3D (a SUPERbasic programming languaje for building videogames simply).

Unfortunately for me, I don't have any finalized personal project to demostrate my skills... but I can pass any kind of test you want me to do (about C++ and DirectX). I've been programming since I was 14, I know a lot of programming languages and scripts (C++, JAVA, PHP, VB, JS, HTML, C#, SQL, Oracle's PL/SQL...) and actually I'm working in a C++ library that encapsulates all the DirectX 9c SDK (I can send you some of my work). I'm developing a online web-based game (like Ogame) on PHP / MySQL too.

I've some experience with 3D Studio MAX (modelation / animation), Photoshop and audio mixers, but I prefer to develope.

Thanks for reading this, I wish I can help you. If I can't, I wish you good luck!

- Thund -

PD: I've a lot of DirectX books, so I can learn and specializate on a particular term (Direct3D, DirectSound, DirectPlay, AI....).
« Last Edit: February 23, 2007, 05:17:46 pm by Thund »

steuben

• Veteran
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Re: A new Visual c++ developer
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2007, 09:08:42 pm »
http://www.planeshift.it/recruitment.html<-- app forms
http://www.planeshift.it/sources.html<-- the source code.

ps works through the open gl interface rather then directx. but if you've got the skills. but i really recommend playing the game for a while first, just to get an idea of what you'd be working to contribute to.
may laanx frighten the shadow from my path.
hardly because the shadow built the lexx.
the shadow will frighten laanx from my path.

Thund

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2007, 03:40:16 am »
Ok, thanks ;)

neko kyouran

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2007, 03:07:45 am »
Another thing I'd like to recommend, after you familiarize yourself with the code, hop onto the bug tracker and take a look at some of the reported bugs and what not and try to fix some. 

Then after you think you got them fixed, submit the fixes to a Dev to look over.  This will help them see your skills in action.

Plus, Dev application can be slow, read as, sometimes it can go A LONG time without getting word back from them one way or another on the status of your application.

Trying to fix bugs will not only be good practice to show off your skills in action, but give you something to do to while you are waiting on getting word back on your application from the team.

So get out there and show us what you can do!

And welcome to the PS community.   We don't bite, well, most of us don't anyways.   :)