Author Topic: Punishment/PK Licence  (Read 680 times)

lurkmost

• Traveller
    • View Profile
Punishment/PK Licence
« on: March 13, 2007, 05:43:29 pm »
I've mentioned before that purhaps players could recieve a licence that allows them to be open to PK.
But purhaps being open to PK doesn't mean that you don't suffer certain penalties.
Under the licence agreement there would be a list of agreements, and each of these would have a number of punishments depending on the digree of the violation.

Anyway, lets keep this simple.
A guild might be able to fight in the middle of the street, but they might be violating an agreement that they should not fight in certain cities.
So the council of that city (let's just say they're NPCs) would punish those members involved in the fight.
So here's the topic, what agreements should be put on such a licence and what punishments should exist?
When I say punishment, I don't mean jailtime, we can be much more creative here. This world has magic.
I'm talking curses.
Hexes that slow a character, reduce stats, or remove/reduce the ability to gain Exp for a time.

While I'm at it, I'd like for GuildMasters to be able to punish their own members with such hexes. How can someone possibly lead with out any options for discipline? Reward and Discipline go hand in hand after all.
Take what you want from my post as your own, critique it, improve it,  and feel free to use it.