Author Topic: game crash when i edit my shar discription  (Read 298 times)

mufler

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
    • The Rails
game crash when i edit my shar discription
« on: May 03, 2007, 01:27:06 pm »
It seems every time i edit my  discription on PS the game just shuts down... im not sure is this is a new bug or not but it's very annoying.. i dont get any error codes or anything.. it just closes down.

sorry i cant be more discriptive.. im hoping you know what i'm going throgh..

ps the PS server is FULL for the first time ever!? wow never even know the FULL sighns were there :(

Caarrie

• Forum Addict
  • We want no UNFIXED bugs!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    • View Profile
    • PlaneShift3dMods
Re: game crash when i edit my shar discription
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2007, 01:38:14 pm »
There will be a fix for you description crash in the next release

Durwyn

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Athénée Royal Jean Rey Couvin
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2007, 01:42:25 pm »
It seems every time i edit my  discription on PS the game just shuts down... im not sure is this is a new bug or not but it's very annoying.. i dont get any error codes or anything.. it just closes down.

well do you really need to modify your description? ^^ well if you do, try in your pssetup.exe to put your "Font Scaling" to 50% then launch the game and try to modify it. then log out and relaunch with Font Scaling 100%. i hope this will work. if not, do as Caarrie just said ^^
http://arjrcouvin.jimdo.com/
Athénée Royal Jean Rey Couvin

mufler

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
    • The Rails
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2007, 03:19:00 pm »
when is next relese?
hehe, yes becosue it helps me in RP ^^ i'll try it later, thank you for your help all :)

bilbous

« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2007, 10:40:29 am »
The problem seems to be with the word wrap function from my experience so you might get away with editing if you return at the end of every line. If you need to insert stuff put it in a new line manually then you can delete spaces to close up the gaps. This worked for me but I was not making an extensive edit and might just have got lucky the time it did work. It is worth a try, the worst that should happen is you crash out of the game but you never can be sure.