Author Topic: the finding of the grey glyphs  (Read 3432 times)

Draklar

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
Re: the finding of the grey glyphs
« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2007, 01:16:27 pm »
A glyph can't be older than Yliakum - glyphs were created by Talad.

Talad gave up any hope to be reconciled with the old friend and, now alone, turned his thoughts to the people left in the town they had created. He called it "Hydlaa", the name of the most powerful glyph, that Vodùl had revealed to Laanx and that led Talad to ignore prudence to satisfy his pride. Waiting for the day when the other peoples would come, he forged magical power into many shapes, suitable to be used by the mortals to help them to survive underground: he created the Glyphs.
o.O
Doesn't it say Talad named the town after a glyph Vodùl revealed to Laanx?
"The Glyphs" seem to be just the thingies Talad made available to the mortals.
But I don't know, it's written strangely :p
AKA Skald

Allive

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2007, 03:02:03 pm »
hahah nice on draklar so you guys see that could well indicate that the glyphs were not infact made by talad they existed before talad even knew of there existance.
I am afraid of fighting. I am afriad of being beaten and losing. But i am more afraid of surviving as a cripple than dying in fight.However. I always try to find a new strong enamy.
(Fighter in the wind)

Feline Prince

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • Now you see me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2007, 04:26:19 pm »
It is pretty vague. I get the impression from that that there are glyphs the gods use, and the ones Talad let us guys use.

pluss there is rules over the fragment of the glyph that is designed so that not just one person can control it even alliva with his aincent blood cant control this glyph totaly by himself.

Wow that Alliva is so hard done by. What do you mean my ancient blood? Sounds like something I can flame you for. What's wrong with coming up with a RP that doesn't require using items of great power which aren't even in the settings? Makes it alot more fun for everyone, and not just the people who get to use the special items
Hide where they expect you to... Its what they least expect.

Allive

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 29, 2007, 06:28:30 pm »
there is plenty chance for you to get involved in this rp find a way to get yourself in if you want to go to the extream of finding a glyph let me know of it and your suggestion of how it works and i will see if acceptable for the rp or not. many of the powers the glyphs give are passive anyway so it only really adds to an rp element that ppl can use in other rps. and as for my aincent blood i have coverd a lot of it in me story on the ps boards it gives me some powers outside of glyphs also that some of the more basic spells you get as glyphs i can cast without the use of said glyph.
I am afraid of fighting. I am afriad of being beaten and losing. But i am more afraid of surviving as a cripple than dying in fight.However. I always try to find a new strong enamy.
(Fighter in the wind)

RayvenD

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • Feelin' the funk
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 29, 2007, 11:25:24 pm »
Wow, sounds interesting. Frak has ancient blood too, but that's because he's over one hundred years old. I think the only power he get's from it is a greater appreciation for sitting down in a comfortable chair......;)
Let it whip!

Hear me sing www.myspace.com/diamonddobb

Feline Prince

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • Now you see me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 30, 2007, 02:42:26 am »
and as for my aincent blood i have coverd a lot of it in me story on the ps boards it gives me some powers outside of glyphs also that some of the more basic spells you get as glyphs i can cast without the use of said glyph.

So not godmodding at all then? [/sarcasm] Why would I want to go to you to ask if I can have an item that gives me an advantage above other people I RP with when I'm perfectly happy being on level par, and lower and also perfectly capable of godmodding myself.

I might sound a little gun ho, but I find people that send the whole time trying to have an advantage over other players (note players and not characters) more disruptive than 13375. If you have a mage, make him physically weaker. If you have a warrior, make him not notice when a thief slips his hand in your pocket. I'm way off topic now.
Hide where they expect you to... Its what they least expect.

Allive

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 30, 2007, 04:41:31 am »
like i said before these glyphs do not give a lot over over other players these glyphs are infact giveing ppl abilities that they normaly wouldnt have. now for the sake of the rp i wont reveal anything that isnt already known but for example "the grey glyph of the ranger" gives the ability to talk with animals. an ability that ppl already rp and are not called god modders for this i know already. and the newest one "the grey glyph of the necromancer" as it stands at the moment it gives the ability to comunicate with the dead im sorry but i fail to see how this would give an advantage over anyone in things infact these abilities open up some nice rp oppertunities. if you still think those are god modding then your welcom to your view and after trying to tell you for so long that these glyphs aint all powerfull and such like you still call it god modding i really couldnt care about your opinion. as for asking me if you can have a glyph that i havent already designated these glyphs are designed in a specific way as to not one being more powerfull than the other and well it is my rp if you supposedly have one of these glyphs not sanctioned by me then im afraid youll just be ignored if you try to use it or you will be at least by the main ppl and you name will be made known.
(Fighter in the wind)

Duraza

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
    • Want to know the truth now?
« Reply #22 on: July 02, 2007, 07:15:48 am »
I might sound a little gun ho, but I find people that send the whole time trying to have an advantage over other players (note players and not characters) more disruptive than 13375. If you have a mage, make him physically weaker. If you have a warrior, make him not notice when a thief slips his hand in your pocket. I'm way off topic now.

I don't think its off topic at all. Probably with the abilitys you've given the grey glyphs this will be hard to do but take it into consideration Alliva. Make weaknesses for these grey glyphs. They are not super god power glyphs (from the sound of the abilities) but they are special so they should have a special cost. A negative effect on the user.

Thats what I think most people miss when it come's to rping a special teqnique or using a special weapon. I had it brought to my attention that one of my own techniques was lacking a negative effect. It had one but the effect was not bad enough to stop me from wanting to use it. The negative effect has to suit the positive effect. Almost like math when you add -7 and 7 to make 0. So lets say you had a spell that gave instant death. The negative effect should be that the wielder also dies or something close. It's just a way to keep balance and with the negative effects it really stops rp from going god mod.
Saggi Lezeheso, The Whisper's Jest
Demoik and Rioqura, The Immortal Harrow
Vertum, Will of Dakkru

Duraza Darkom, Slayer of Kittens

RayvenD

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • Feelin' the funk
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 02, 2007, 11:51:09 am »
Very well put Duraza. Personally I don't really see anything wrong with this grey glyph idea. If the abilities help further roleplay then they can only be a positive. The whole ancient blood thing really does smell a little of god-modding though I have to say...
Let it whip!

Allive

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 02, 2007, 12:36:11 pm »
well as duraza already know my aincent blood and the spells connected to it dose drain alliva a hole lot every time ive used one of the spells alliva has been drained nearly to the point of not being able to continue. But the grey glyphs have the negative effect of the fact that it will drain ppl a lot and they should be rped that it drains them a lot also the glyphs that perhaps do have a overpowering power dose infact have a specific set of rules such to the fact they can back fire on that person. but the story of the grey glyphs have just started bilieve me these ppl that wield the grey glyphs will be faceing trials and a great threat.

*edit*

[but anyway it seams this topic has gotten a bit of it so heres a quick storie of what has happend so far]

Alliva sits in the library the third stone tablet in front of him on a table as he attempts to decipher it and find a possible location for the third glyph. Cracking his bones Alliva stops for a moment and starts to write down on a piece of parchment some of the important events that has happend so far.

The grey glyph of the Ranger.

ah yes the tablet i found fragment and took time to repair and find a translation for. something strange happend and it showed us a vision of sorts of what happend in the past. how the grey glyphs came to yalikum. This glyph was gaurded by a guardian that had turned himself into a tefusang and in doing so could not turn himself back trapping his restless soul forever in that form. Tungor of the way of the hammer recieved this glyph.

The grey glyph of the necromancer

From the second tablet handed over by the first guardian it was found in the hands of a menki not the original gaurdian but one that took the job willingly. this menki made a deal with the first guardian that he would guard the glyph untill someone came and his love who had her life taken from her as she walked home from the tavern one night in a viscous attack. in return he would get his wife back with the help of many zwenze, kitiranna, Teraree, karark, raoni and myself the menki was able to restore the fenkis soul with her body so she may live again. Teraree of the way of the hammer a powerfull dark way mage recieved this glyph.

Alliva sighs i wonder what other crazy things we will have to do to attain these other glyphs they seam to just get more and more dangerous the more we find is it worth finding them all. Alliva sudenly feels like someone is watching him not from close by but from a distance. what is this hmmmm i dont like the thought of what i could have unleashed with finding these glyphs.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2007, 12:59:49 pm by Karyuu »
(Fighter in the wind)

Allive

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 14, 2007, 03:05:43 am »
a cloacked figure stands at the edge of the canyon leadeing to ojaveda seacking alliva and those that stand with him. A dwarve by the name of teraree appears and the figure aproaches the dwarve. is this the way to ojaveda asks the figure the dwarve nods what are you looking for he asks. the figure replies alliva alyeve oh what do you want with him the figure squints im going to kill him he replies. so your him your the one replies teraree well i am sorry i cannot allow you to do that he is my friend. the figure just scofs. the dwarves quickly pulls his daggers and rushes the tall figure but is quickly put down with a fist full of dark magic and red way energies. standing up teraree sheaths his daggers and launches bolts of ice at the figure the figure quickly grabs his masive sword and shatters the ice. teraree starting to wonder if he can handle the person he pulls out his grey glyph. the figure now intertwined with darkness and red way glow he sniggers. teraree concentrateing summons many bone creatures as they attack a shower of meteors start to hit the ground the figure standing strong and smiles slightly as one hits teraree. the bone creatures are struck also destroying all but one that mannages to hit the figure again the figure grabs his sword and with a quick turn he brings the massive sword crashing down crushing the creature. terare trying to get up to his feet the figure grabs his head and starts to prob his mind rendering teraree unconcious. just as the figure is about to aquire the glyph gag comes along and hold him at bay long enough for teraree to gain conciousness and just in time to see the massive sword above the figure head.mustering all his might teraree summons a bone ulbernought catching the figure of guard the figure is sent flying as teraree passes out again. the figure coughing up some blood from the mouth retreats shouting that he will be back.
(Fighter in the wind)

Duraza

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
    • Want to know the truth now?
« Reply #26 on: July 14, 2007, 03:32:44 am »
How intresting. I'm guiessing that Teraree was not just fainting from pain but from having to use the grey glyph. Having to summon so many of these "bone creatures" must have drained him entirely  :P
Saggi Lezeheso, The Whisper's Jest
Demoik and Rioqura, The Immortal Harrow
Vertum, Will of Dakkru

Duraza Darkom, Slayer of Kittens

Allive

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 14, 2007, 03:17:29 pm »
it never helped no.
(Fighter in the wind)

RayvenD

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • Feelin' the funk
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 17, 2007, 06:53:39 am »
It sounds very "guild wars" these grey glyphs. Almost like by getting a grey glyph you get to use a guild wars proffession in Yliakum......It's odd seeing a Minion Master in planeshift though i must say  ;D
Let it whip!

Allive

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 17, 2007, 09:28:36 am »
lol i tried to think of other ways to name the glyphs such as the grey glyph of death then the devs put in the death glyph so i had to go back and re do em was going to name them after the elements ai, land water ect ect but decided to go with names that would hopefully suit what the glyphs can do.
(Fighter in the wind)