Author Topic: Balooooooooooooons  (Read 687 times)

Lupul

• Traveller
    • View Profile
Balooooooooooooons
« on: July 11, 2007, 12:35:12 pm »
Please do something with this baloons , we are not cartoon's caracters ...

Xordan

• Crystal Space Developer
  • Forum Addict
  • For God and the Empire
    • View Profile
Re: Balooooooooooooons
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2007, 12:41:28 pm »
Balloons? o.0 Screenshot?

Edit: Ah, chatbubbles. :P
« Last Edit: July 11, 2007, 12:43:29 pm by Xordan »

Quantus

• Hydlaa Resident
  • Member of the Crystal Squadron
    • View Profile
    • PlaneShift Yliakum
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2007, 12:41:47 pm »
Have a look into your PlaneShift Crystal Blue\data\options folder
There is a file named chatbubbles.xml
Code: [Select]
- <!--  Supported attributes for <chat>: type, color[R,G,B], shadow[R,G,B], outline[R,G,B], align, effectPrefix
  -->
- <!--  Supported Chat Types: say, tell, group, guild, auction, shout, me, tellself, my, npc, npc_me, npc_my, npc_narrate
  -->
- <!--  Supported Align Types: left, center, right
  -->
- <chat_bubbles maxLineLen="24" shortPhraseCharCount="9" longPhraseLineCount="5">
  <chat type="say" colorR="186" colorG="168" colorB="126" shadowR="108" shadowG="98" shadowB="73" align="left" effectPrefix="chatbubble_" />
  <chat type="tell" colorR="38" colorG="196" colorB="15" shadowR="22" shadowG="66" shadowB="9" align="left" effectPrefix="chatbubble_" />
  <chat type="group" colorR="108" colorG="57" colorB="222" shadowR="46" shadowG="24" shadowB="94" align="left" effectPrefix="chatbubble_" />
  <chat type="guild" colorR="55" colorG="89" colorB="213" shadowR="22" shadowG="36" shadowB="87" align="left" effectPrefix="chatbubble_" />
  <chat type="shout" colorR="188" colorG="12" colorB="12" shadowR="87" shadowG="5" shadowB="5" align="left" effectPrefix="chatbubble_" />
  <chat type="npc" colorR="189" colorG="12" colorB="174" shadowR="86" shadowG="5" shadowB="80" align="left" effectPrefix="chatbubble_" />
  </chat_bubbles>
Just delete the line or comment them

Lolitra, Celorrim Purrty Twins

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
    • THE ROYAL HOUSE OF PURRTY
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2007, 12:50:56 pm »
I am not really against them, per-say, but they are really annoying, if you stand looking at someone, your own text bubble appears infront of the person you are speaking to..  Shouldn't it filter out you own bubble not to show? as you know what you wrote...

and perhaps it should be faded to a point of real transparancy unless you focus on that character?  [i.e. select to listen to. which should be another sort of group I suppose.. open group listening hehehe]

Also, there should be an off button in game for those of us who are always deleting the wrong file... by accident of course hehehehe

Her Royal Highness Lolitra Hollinthy Purrty nods regally 'I am delighted to meet you' her tiara twinkles in the crystal light.
[had to remove my signature - as the image host lost it!!!!]

Lupul

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2007, 01:05:42 pm »
Thank you very much for advice , i will try to delete the lines...

Nikodemus

• Prospects
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2007, 01:43:03 pm »
All inside that xml should be configurable in config window.
Also the option if we want to see them ;) and maybe which of them we wish to se ;)

What you can failure tommorow, failure today.

Better click for shiny stylez Help me with images!

lorac

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2007, 03:30:51 pm »
I actually find it useful since it shows guild tab and group tab and even /tells providing you are in site of the others
and to me it is easier on the eyes when you have the person in front of you
as far as my own chat bubble i only see it when i am way zoomed out
But the settings i agree should be a consideration for the next client change I like it and i know a few others do also but again i know some dont
It would be great to be able to tick on a Disable chat bubbles or filter your ( self ) chat bubble
But honestly I like how it looks and the fact that i dont need to change tabs to see what was said in sat ( Guild) tab
and a short cut to  / Communication commands makes clicking tabs a thing of the past for me
unless a mass of information comes in that i couldnt keep up with
:) Thank you for the Bubbles In my opinion it is a Great addition

aarobber

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2007, 03:38:13 pm »
A couple things about chat bubbles:

1. the default settings are definitely a little extreme.  I suggest removing the say and shout lines from your config file so that you really only get the messages that are important to you.  The defaults were done this way really to just show you guys that there is this option and I encourage everyone to disable whatever message types they find annoying or disable the chat bubbles entirely.

2. Chat bubbles are hardly a finished feature.  They are not much more than a prototype at this point and I expect them to be improved quite a bit in the near future.

3. I am currently rewriting the options window system.  This is the reason why chat bubbles are not in the config window right now, but they will be in the new options system.  Please read Quantus's comment for how to disable some or all chat bubble types.

Dahoma

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2007, 03:40:01 pm »
Oh ok, that sounds good then. I kind of like the chat bubbles. But only to an extent, so as long as it will be possible, in the near future, to remove them without deleting files that'd be great.

Thank you.
- Dahoma Sins