Poll

How many hours per WEEK do you play PlaneShift on average?

Less than one.
2-4
4-8
8-16
16-32
32-64
PlaneShift tucks me in every night. (64 or more)

Author Topic: How much PS do you play?  (Read 3180 times)

theirah

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
Re: How much PS do you play?
« Reply #45 on: November 05, 2007, 07:12:27 am »
even though quests offer experience as well, the time and effort it takes to do them far outweighs the time and effort it would take to kill one or two monsters, and chances are, the monsters would give more exp...though I like doing quests, and they are fun, they just dont give enough exp in comparison. considering it takes about 90 or so to level anything for me other than stats, receiving 10 or so from a quest that takes over an hour...

Pizzasgood

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 06, 2007, 04:56:28 pm »
Why would he send you to his only business rival for miles?
I agree with you there, but he could recommend somebody in an unrelated or complementary position, within Hydlaa.  For example, Harn would probably feel pretty good about himself if he sent somebody over to the tavern to help out.  It wouldn't hurt his business any, would still help someone else, and might give him some points with the staff there ("Hey Harn!  Thanks for sending that kid over here, we really needed the help today!")

Only people who are likely to care would bother doing that for you though, and the more malicious ones might try sending you miles out of your way to somebody who's unlikely to give you a task at all.

Were the above implemented, another thing that could be done later would be to have the database store a "bulletin board" for the NPCs, so that Harn would actually be aware that such-and-such person is looking for an errand boy.  That would be more finicky to implement though, and you'd have to make sure that they only know what they ought to know (as opposed to knowing about some irrelevant little errand on the complete other end of Yliakum...)

I don't actually foresee that being implemented.  Just adding some clouds for the brainstorms.
Did you get the number on that one-eyed rat?

Tuxide

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
    • Banker
« Reply #47 on: November 07, 2007, 12:20:48 am »
Another thing is that NPCs could make recommendations to other NPCs that offer similar quests, when they have no other jobs to offer.  For example, Harnquist could say "I have no other jobs for you right now, try Trasok in Akkaio" or something.

Why would he send you to his only business rival for miles? There is plenty there to be found. Its just not shoved in your face.

I did not mean for you to interpret what I said literally; it was an example and it isn't even clear that the two are rivals.  Now that this has been brought up, I suppose another idea is that NPCs could suggest who not to work for, in hopes that the players, uh, don't.  After completing Trasok's questline, he could include something like "If you're still looking for work to do, I insist that you do not do any work for my competitor in the Steel Bazaar" in whatever he says.

This thread has gotten seriously off-topic and should really be forked.

Ironstark

• Hydlaa Resident
  • LORD OF UNODIN
    • View Profile
    • Green-Flame Music
« Reply #48 on: November 09, 2007, 08:07:01 am »
lets put it like this...whenever im on the computer, im on planeshift....IT RULES!!! AND YOU KNOW IT!

Meredee

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 11, 2007, 04:27:27 pm »
I spent ca. 20-25 hours per week in PS... and when I look at the results of the poll I somehow think some people read the question as PER DAY ;D
One hour per week? Can you still call it playing?  :devil:
If you never try, you'll never know.

Seren

« Reply #50 on: November 14, 2007, 10:11:51 am »
 playing one hour a week...how do you GET anywhere?(If you play one hour a week, 60 min/ 7days = 8.57 minutes each day) Wow, there must be some really fast computers out there. Not judging, but i would think most would spent more time than 8 and half minutes playing such a good game like PS.